What did you cook or eat today (July 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Praline or truffle, the difference, well, I had no clue, but it seems I gave pralines a try.

Dark chocolate with coconut butter, brazil nut bits and sour cherries. Good combination!

I find it therapeutic to cook or walk.

Silicon mould is way better for taking the pralines out.
Who told me I could use the ice mould? 🤔🫣😶‍🌫️
Scooping the pralines out with a spoon works fine, but not presentable.

The floral pralines are adorable, they melt within 7 seconds...the room temperature is rather hot, possibly also not the right ingredients, but still delicious.

View attachment 116464View attachment 116465View attachment 116466View attachment 116467
Sounds delicious.

Still a massive no in this house.

Hi I can pick you up half a burger the way home if you like?
Urr
Oh ok three quarters of a burger? I don’t like burgers so I’m not ordering myself one but I will eat some of yours.
Urr I rather fancied a whole burger, half or three quarters a burger is not the same experience and I love burgers.
Yeh but I’m going in to order fast food and not actually ordering what I want to eat because that way I’ll save in calories and just eat some of yours.
NOOOOOO

Sorry it’s something that winds me up. It’s a particularly strong trait in women. They order a small portion or something lighter in calories and then want to eat your food.
Just order what you bl**dy want and stop eating everyone else's!

Both my bezzie and my other close friend do it. Drives me nuts. I do not want to watch your hungry ass eating a Caesar salad minus the dressing and the bacon whilst you eyeball my fish and chips and then ask me for some of my chips.
You want chips, order chips and stop putting your dieting obsession on other people!!

Exactly that's why EVERYONE knows I dont share at dinner club. My besties wife is exactly like that. " oh russ I see you ordered satay chicken.. what's the sauce like?"
I say you should have ordered it.
I know my wife and expect her to do certain things. :)

Russ

McCormick bag and season pork, rice, and canned greens.

IMG_2619.jpeg

IMG_2621.jpeg

“It’s, like, all mine, baby! That’s what it’s ‘like!’”

I've mentioned before sharyn who used.to try it on with people at dinner club. She wont order entree she thinks it could be from everybodys plates. She is the one that changes her order half way through service. Shes has lead a very sheltered life.

Russ

Italian Night here in Cowboyville Arizona

IMG_4323.JPG

Lasagna-Style Pasta Bake
I had made up two, about 1/4 sheet pan sized-8x6 inch aluminum pans, for the freezer for later down the road, ya neva know ...
I like to have freezer meals aka casseroles at the ready for evenings when I know it's gonna be a bad day, and I knew today was going to be one of those days.

IMG_4322.JPG

I put this in the refrigerator last night to defrost and then popped it into a 375°F oven for 30 minutes covered and 10-15 minutes uncovered. Heated some Italian Bread to go with, poured another glass of wine, and Bob's your uncle.
We only eat about 2/3 of this casserole (sssshhhh!!! 🤫 don't tell DH, he claims to dislike casseroles, yeah right buddy! 🤓), so the rest will be lunch tomorrow served with a green salad and more bread.
DONE! 🦸‍♀️ Bad day made better with comfort food.

The wierdest thing happened today.
I ate 3 times.
First of all, I woke up at 4.15am. Why? No idea, but I couldn't get back to sleep, so I just got up.
By 7am, I was hungry and had 3 slices of toast with peanut butter and Marmite.
At 2pm, I had a salad: fresh cooked beetroot with a horseradish/mayo dressing, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers with balsamic glaze and a piece of Point Reyes blue cheese.*
salad for lunch.jpg

At 8pm, I made myself some fettucine with homemade pesto.
* I'm a real fan of blue cheese, so every time I travel, I try all the blue cheeses available. The Bayley Hazen and the Point Reyes? Excellent! The Caveman Blue? Too much cream, not enough blue. The Smokehouse Blue and Trader Joe's Blue? Dreadful - just no flavour at all.

I remember something from the history books about tar and feathering and riding them out on a rail...oh that was for traitors and perhaps some bad politicians...oh well nearly as awful.

My family is 3 boys, no sisters so I kind of take her under my wing. We were all at kaikoura a few years ago and looking at the seals and parked next to a van. The van had 2 girls in it and we got talking and sharyn asked where do you sleep? The van had a double bed in the back. She asked where does the other one sleep.. hello!!!
I had to explain it to her later .
She didn't get it

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom