What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using up things destined for the trash:

IMG_8543.jpeg

Cherry tomatoes, olive oil, feta, garlic, and basil. That’s it. Apparently, it’s all the rage on the internet, but all I did was google “What to do with a block of feta” and it popped up.

It was pretty good. Bake the tomatoes and the feta in the oil, stir it all together, dump in some cooked pasta, garlic, and basil, and that’s it.

Dodgy tomatoes dealt with, leftover feta dealt with, dusty old box of whole wheat pasta dealt with. :okay:

Banana, peach and the the first coffee. A few hours later prepared french toast with second coffee(decaff).

Prepared the (vegan) cream and mustard, sprinkled in some rosemary ,salt and pepper, put it in the freezer for a savoury ice cream.

I hope to find a good chunk of meat to roast tomorrow, so the mustard ice cream can go on that.

No neutral (sphere or half sphere) moulds on hand, so used the praline heart shaped moulds. It will do.

20240615_105850.jpg

I've been in the USA for 48 hours. So far, I've had 1) sausage, poached egg and toast at 6.30am; 2) A quarterpounder with cheese & fries and 3) loaded fries with jalapeño, cheese, sauce and bacon.
Tomorrow I'm going to start with an organic lettuce and humanely raised baby kale, sun-kissed tomatoes, baby radish, dwarf cucumbers, handcrafted sourdough rolls with chia seeds, and a pepperdew and papaya seed dressing, with cold pressed Californian olive oil.

Then I'm having 2 breakfast sausage, fried mushrooms, maple smoked bacon, baked beans and hash browns... :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom