What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked potato soup with some rice.
20240623_221134.jpg

This was actually yesterday's lunch. the wife wanted to go shopping for a new purse ( I'll only be five minutes...) so I went into a place called Ford's Burgers; ostensibly for a beer or three. The place was packed - I'd say over 100 people. My waitress (aka "server") was Anabelle. Mostly blonde, some shaved head parts, earrings, nose rings, eyebrow rings, more tattoos than Popeye, purple lipstick - and absolutely wonderful. I hadn't really intended eating anything, but then I thought, OK, we're going to a kid's birthday party, then to a pub, and then to the Football (Soccer) stadium to watch Cincinnati FC... maybe I'll just have a bite or two.
I ordered the High Octane burger and a pile of chips (Fries). It took barely 10 minutes to come out of the kitchen, so 20/20 for service. Anabelle came by every few minutes to see if I needed anything else (like, more beer) 20/20. Delicious burger, cooked medium, as I'd asked.
I finished the burger, finished my beer and had just ordered another when my wife appeared. Scanned the menu and went for some crispy shrimp with I-don't- know-what-sauce, but they were great.
I know how kitchens/restaurants work and how the wait staff have to run around like lunatics, so Anabelle got a full tip.
Well done, Anabelle!! Great burger.
Ford burger 2.jpg
Ford burger 1.jpg

This was actually yesterday's lunch. the wife wanted to go shopping for a new purse ( I'll only be five minutes...) so I went into a place called Ford's Burgers; ostensibly for a beer or three. The place was packed - I'd say over 100 people. My waitress (aka "server") was Anabelle. Mostly blonde, some shaved head parts, earrings, nose rings, eyebrow rings, more tattoos than Popeye, purple lipstick - and absolutely wonderful. I hadn't really intended eating anything, but then I thought, OK, we're going to a kid's birthday party, then to a pub, and then to the Football (Soccer) stadium to watch Cincinnati FC... maybe I'll just have a bite or two.
I ordered the High Octane burger and a pile of chips (Fries). It took barely 10 minutes to come out of the kitchen, so 20/20 for service. Anabelle came by every few minutes to see if I needed anything else (like, more beer) 20/20. Delicious burger, cooked medium, as I'd asked.
I finished the burger, finished my beer and had just ordered another when my wife appeared. Scanned the menu and went for some crispy shrimp with I-don't- know-what-sauce, but they were great.
I know how kitchens/restaurants work and how the wait staff have to run around like lunatics, so Anabelle got a full tip.
Well done, Anabelle!! Great burger.
View attachment 115125View attachment 115126
Umm, Ford's Garage has an 18% tip/service charge amount IIRC built into their pricing at all their restaurants so they can pay staff a higher wage. Could be a little more, could be a little less. We didn't like food enough to go back so I don't exactly remember. I did a mystery shop job at 1 of their restaurants. Your main server stays on the floor, while runners do everything else, i.e. get your food from kitchen, get your beer from the bar, etc. Servers take your order, check back with you, order additional items you want, get your sodas and water, and that's it, which is why you got such great service from Annabelle, though she did have to share the built in tip/service charge with the runners and BOH, but she got to keep the over and above full tip you gave her, so basically got double tipped.

Part of the mystery shop job was to ask for an explanation from the host and server about the automatic gratuity/service charge. The host was honest. But, our server seriously shaded the truth about it and implied we should tip her 20% on top of the auto 18% service charge, basically giving her a nearly 40% tip. I don't mind tipping for good service. I do mind tipping when I am lied to, and her tip reflected that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom