What did you cook or eat today (June 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More slow cooker stuff from me.
I've never had a Doner Kebab because I always thought it looked awful and people told me it tastes awful too!
A slow cooker Doner Kebab recipe popped up and I thought why not?
It worked well but as it's just mince and spices (well it was supposed to be but I don't have onion powder I used real onion) it was IMO slightly dry, next time I'll chuck some breadcrumbs in there or buy fattier meat.

IMG_3280.jpeg

Mashed this stuff together and left it overnight for the protein extraction to work it's magic (it to get naturally sticky).

IMG_3290.jpeg

Wrapped it in foil (did two so there sandwich meat for tomorrow) and cooked on the high setting for four hours.

IMG_3291.jpeg

Did a whole clove of garlic at the same time as the recipe instructed.

IMG_3297.jpeg

It was supposed to be mixed with mayo, greek yogurt, mint sauce and thinned with oil or water but as I had none of those things it was garlic mashed into a spicy Brava's sauce which worked really well 🤷‍♀️

IMG_3298.jpeg

IMG_3300.jpeg

And then to deviate so far from the original it's not really a Doner Kebab at all I used tortilla's that needed eating up instead of a pitta's.
So I suppose it's a more or a meatloaf wrap 😆

Anyway Mr SSOAP loved it, he said "it tastes like a Doner kebab except.. it's not shi*t! 😂) so that's now going on my outdoor summer cooking list.
Maybe just some minor adjustments next time.

Doner Kebab Recipe {Slow Cooker & Air Fryer Method}

Last edited:
After engaging 3 hours around my Dad's fibroma removal, I was not in the mood for cooking.
Used a bell pepper and red onion for a side, the tomato bean soup and vegan parmiggiano, a glass of pomegranate juice (store bought), and a toasted gluten free bread, some prosciutto slices.
20240625_141455.jpg
20240625_141445.jpg

Later I was in the mood for cake baking, as I had run out of the previous cake.
So banana bread with coconut, dark choc pieces, almond flour, orange flavour(aroma bottled with oil)...quite good!
Had been impatient and tried the fallen off crumbs with soy yoghurt and nectarines, prior to plating...

WOrk around the flat...so let me go back to chores!
20240625_151422.jpg
20240625_151715.jpg
20240625_161641.jpg
20240625_163025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom