What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

Earlier:

IMG_9521.jpeg

Now:

IMG_9524.jpeg

I just spent the last 10 minutes eating spoonful after spoonful of a homemade BBQ sauce I just made and I'm not ashamed.

..... Seriously guys, this sauce is incredible. The best BBQ sauce I've ever made. 🤤 🤤 🤤.
View attachment 119242
One of my next projects is to make my own bbq sauce. I’ve got up with a pizza sauce that I’m happy with. And my own taco seasoning. But bbq is one thing I’ve not had much success with. So far anyway.

One of my next projects is to make my own bbq sauce. I’ve got up with a pizza sauce that I’m happy with. And my own taco seasoning. But bbq is one thing I’ve not had much success with. So far anyway.
You’re not on your own in that.

Here’s a thread
How many kinds of BBQ sauce do you make?

Here’s Karadekoolaids recipe I made it and everyone enjoyed it.
Recipe - BBQ Sauce

I also made someone else’s too and it was also very good but I can’t remember whose recipe it was. I think it was either medtran49 or TastyReuben?

Yesterday we had friends over for lunch. At first it was just going to be tapas, hors d'oeuvres and wine. Then my wife got on the phone and we were going to make spaghetti alla vongole. OK.
Friend Ricky arrived with 2kgs of "vongole" (clams) and 2 kgs prawns, half peeled, half unpeeled, and 1½ kgs of papardelle :eek: :eek: :eek:
Since we were only 5, I though that was a bit exaggerated, to say the least.
Hors d'oeuvres went ahead (because I'd already made them) and the spaghetti. Clamours for something with prawns, so I used the same recipe as in The CookingBites recipe challenge: saffron - Shrimp Mozambique, but this time with tails on and the sauce for dipping. OMG absolutely wonderful! Here are the horse's doovers: Serrano ham and figs, shortbread with port wine Derby and toasted almonds, and shortbread with Stilton, fresh beetroot and leaves.
Serrano ham & figs.jpg
Shortbread w Derby port wine.jpg
Shortbread w Stilton & beetroot.jpg

Yesterday we had friends over for lunch. At first it was just going to be tapas, hors d'oeuvres and wine. Then my wife got on the phone and we were going to make spaghetti alla vongole. OK.
Friend Ricky arrived with 2kgs of "vongole" (clams) and 2 kgs prawns, half peeled, half unpeeled, and 1½ kgs of papardelle :eek: :eek: :eek:
Since we were only 5, I though that was a bit exaggerated, to say the least.
Hors d'oeuvres went ahead (because I'd already made them) and the spaghetti. Clamours for something with prawns, so I used the same recipe as in The CookingBites recipe challenge: saffron - Shrimp Mozambique, but this time with tails on and the sauce for dipping. OMG absolutely wonderful! Here are the horse's doovers: Serrano ham and figs, shortbread with port wine Derby and toasted almonds, and shortbread with Stilton, fresh beetroot and leaves.
View attachment 119324View attachment 119325View attachment 119326
That last pic has made my mouth water!!

Back
Top Bottom