What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

Pulled from the deep freeze

IMG_4533.JPG

Guava Chicken on the grill/BBQ. that ever present steamed white rice and my quick cucumber kimchee - ONO (that's Hawaiian for DELICIUS!!)

Hey Puggles I've made starter jars for 3 relatives and a friend out of discard and been baking too. It's not sour yet but buttermilk is giving some tang to the baked goods. My starter is at 14 days and she's beautiful...frothy, lively, and bubbly. I made a nice loaf with starter discard and malt powder Wednesday that was so delicious!

I call my mama starter "the kraken" lol. I've got everyone fed and sleeping in the fridge now until I disperse the babies to their new homes. I thank you so much for the nudge in the right direction!

Hey Puggles I've made starter jars for 3 relatives and a friend out of discard and been baking too. It's not sour yet but buttermilk is giving some tang to the baked goods. My starter is at 14 days and she's beautiful...frothy, lively, and bubbly. I made a nice loaf with starter discard and malt powder Wednesday that was so delicious!

I call my mama starter "the kraken" lol. I've got everyone fed and sleeping in the fridge now until I disperse the babies to their new homes. I thank you so much for the nudge in the right direction!
You're welcome! I'm so glad it tuned out that well. I was gonna say it's bad luck to not name your starter, but you already did. That's why it's doing so well.

Last edited:
One of my favourites that I very rarely have because no-one else likes it!
Chicken livers cooked simply with butter, sherry vinegar and bit of maple syrup. Fry them and pour the hot livers and juices over some lambs lettuce.
Very fast and flavourful.
I have mine very, very rare. Makes other folk balk 😂
IMG_4273.jpeg

Followed up with some Macaron’s and a hefty gin
IMG_4271.jpeg

Starting to feel normal again now 😂

Back
Top Bottom