What did you cook or eat today (October 2024)?

Brisket sandwich with the other baked potato.
20241007_185734.jpg

šŸ¤¤

I also made someone elseā€™s too and it was also very good but I canā€™t remember whose recipe it was. I think it was either medtran49 or TastyReuben?
We talked about me wanting to copycat a local place's BBQ sauce that's sold commercially, but is iffy about supply chain. I think one of us posted the label ingredients, but I've never tried to make it yet.

Think I've posted Emeril's BBQ shrimp sauce recipe, but that's not really a true BBQ sauce.

We went out to dinner for a mystery shop job I picked up. Didn't have to take pics so didn't. I had country fried steak with white gravy, baked sweet potato and buttery corn. Craig had a bowl of Texas red chile, but it had ā€Šbeans in it (whoeved named it Texas Red should be shot!), a burger with way too much stuff on it, and fries. Food was decent though and meal will cost less than $10, most of which was tip, once I am reimbursed.

That last pic has made my mouth water!!
I've made those savoury shortbreads so many times that they now seem simple. The rest was just Stilton, a bit of leafy greens and a slice of freshly cooked beetroot on top. You can use Cheddar, parmesan, blue cheese, white cheese - whatever you like to make them. Then it's up to you what you put on top. Savoury Shortcakes

Blue cheese shortbread.jpg

Shortbread w Stilton & beetroot.jpg

Mutthries.jpg

The worse pizza I have ever ever eaten. If it hadnā€™t been lovingly made for me (ie heated up in an oven) by Mr SSOAP and kindly delivered on a tray it would not have been eaten at all, yep that bad.
So so bland. The cheese (and it was supposedly real cheese) tasted of nothing/zero/nada, not even a hint of saltiness.
Iā€™ve never tasted such a bad pizza!

IMG_4280.jpeg

Of course when someone makes you food itā€™s mean to criticise their efforts so I politely enquired where is was from and what brand it was and will have to remember another time to say theyā€™ve gone down the pan, bet I forget and he buys it again sometime šŸ˜‚

The worse pizza I have ever ever eaten. If it hadnā€™t been lovingly made for me (ie heated up in an oven) by Mr SSOAP and kindly delivered on a tray it would not have been eaten at all, yep that bad.
So so bland. The cheese (and it was supposedly real cheese) tasted of nothing/zero/nada, not even a hint of saltiness.
Iā€™ve never tasted such a bad pizza!

View attachment 119376
Of course when someone makes you food itā€™s mean to criticise their efforts so I politely enquired where is was from and what brand it was and will have to remember another time to say theyā€™ve gone down the pan, bet I forget and he buys it again sometime šŸ˜‚
You need to remember The Pizza Mantra:

ā€Pizzaā€™s like sex - even when itā€™s badā€¦itā€™s good.ā€

:wink:

I donā€™t understand what this is (yes broccoli cabbage and two sausages) but it canā€™t be a meal for one (too much veg) and it canā€™t be a meal for two (only one sausage), what are you doing with this?

In my world too many vegatables is fine, as is one sausage. But maybe another sausage for most people.

I donā€™t understand what this is (yes broccoli cabbage and two sausages) but it canā€™t be a meal for one (too much veg) and it canā€™t be a meal for two (only one sausage), what are you doing with this?
Itā€™s for one-and-a-half, maybe? :wink:

Seriously, itā€™s for the two of us, MrsTā€™s request (it was supposed to be salad night). Personally, I wouldnā€™t have had cabbage and broccoli together - I suggested mashed turnips, since Iā€™m all out of taters, but she said no to that.

Those sausages, BTW, are ā€œIrish-style bangers,ā€ ale and onion variety, from Aldi. One each was plenty and is our norm around here. Theyā€™ll be appearing again tomorrow at some point, as there are three left.

Seriously, itā€™s for the two of us, MrsTā€™s request (it was supposed to be salad night). Personally, I wouldnā€™t have had cabbage and broccoli together - I suggested mashed turnips, since Iā€™m all out of taters, but she said no to that.

Those sausages, BTW, are ā€œIrish-style bangers,ā€ ale and onion variety, from Aldi. One each was plenty and is our norm around here. Theyā€™ll be appearing again tomorrow at some point, as there are three left.
Well at some point Iā€™m going to have to stop stuffing my face or my clothes wonā€™t fit so I might be asking for the recipe soon šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

But did you have gravy?
I couldnā€™t physically fit in that much veg.
I could easily eat a half of what is shown (portion for one) but I'd need some sort of gravy. Or possibly lots of mustard.

Back
Top Bottom