What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped here on the way home:

IMG_5717.jpeg
IMG_5718.jpeg
IMG_5719.jpeg
IMG_5720.jpeg
IMG_5721.jpeg

I apparently missed the flip side of the beer list. Whoops!

There are three (I think) locations here - local place opened by a real live Belgian dude.

We actually look quite a bit alike (poor fellow), and years ago, right after he’d opened his second location (his first proper sit-down place), we stopped in, and when the host saw us sort of over his shoulder, he didn’t really look at us and just said something like, “Hey, what’s up?”

I thought, “Gee, that’s a little informal,” and when we didn’t move, he turned around and got a good look at me, apologized, and said, “Wow, I thought you were the owner, you look just like him!”

We laughed, and laughed some more, then I said, “Yeah, well actually, you’re fired!” - and he stopped laughing. :laugh:

The food and drink:

IMG_5723.jpeg
IMG_7054.jpeg

MrsT’s waffle not shown - apple cinnamon. Drinks are a Belgian Witbier (me) and an orange hard cider - tasted like orange koolaid made with four times the sugar.

These were available at the Belgian place as well:

IMG_5725.jpeg

As was this bit of instruction on the way back to the restrooms:

IMG_5724.jpeg

I've eaten twice in "Taste of Belgium". Can't say I'm very impressed. The waffles I had first time were slathered in so much artificial-tasting cream, I almost flicked it on the floor.
Second time, I got this gooey server (" Hiiiii!!! My name is Eric and I'm your server today! Thank you sooooo much for coming to Taste of Belgium!! Here's your menu, Sir. Enjoy!!")
"
Just give me an espresso and a slice of cheesecake,mate"
That took about 15 minutes..

(Must have been the accent :D :D :D )

Oh, there are a couple of Farraris parked out front, the yachts in the hotel marina are rather large, and someone turned up in a helicopter this afternoon.

I remember my one and only day in Monte Carlo. The cars there had me giddy. There were two cars there I had to look up later on the internet, because I had never seen or heard of them before. :ohmy: -- and I worked for a car magazine!

CD

I've eaten twice in "Taste of Belgium". Can't say I'm very impressed. The waffles I had first time were slathered in so much artificial-tasting cream, I almost flicked it on the floor.
Second time, I got this gooey server (" Hiiiii!!! My name is Eric and I'm your server today! Thank you sooooo much for coming to Taste of Belgium!! Here's your menu, Sir. Enjoy!!")
"
Just give me an espresso and a slice of cheesecake,mate"
That took about 15 minutes..

(Must have been the accent :D :D :D )
I once made a Belgian waffle.

I also made a Frenchman talk rubbish.

I've made the liege waffles several times. Had to order the pearled sugar. It's also a HUGE pain to clean the waffle maker after.

Fish and chips, pasta, or white castle? Any of them would be amazing.
First world problems 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom