What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recipe - Red beans and rice my way

20230910_182640.jpg

I made a batch of pancakes for breakfast. American style, I should point out!
These were with yoghurt instead of milk. Wow - I'm very impressed: light, fluffy, they puffed up just right, just great.
Then lunch/dinner was a version of " melanzane parmigiana", aubergine/eggplant parmigiana, which I got from a book by one of my favourite American chefs, John Ash. The aubergines are fried in rounds, filled with bocconcini, made into little "sandwiches" then egged and breaded and fried once again. The sauce is tomato, but with the addition of sundried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Yummy yummy!

I made a batch of pancakes for breakfast. American style, I should point out!
These were with yoghurt instead of milk. Wow - I'm very impressed: light, fluffy, they puffed up just right, just great.

I throw in some sour cream with a little sugar and vanilla extract sometimes.

My husband makes what he calls sour cream pancakes that are crepe like. Lots of eggs, a little bit of a pancake/baking mix, sour cream, and sugar. They are yummy. I just don't have the patience to stand there and make bunches of little thin pancakes, so it's up to him to make them.

I don't know what it is about white castle, it's just basic bun, meat and onions but they are SO GOOD. I'm proud that I can absolutely destroy a sack of 10. 🤤😂

We don't have them down here. I can get them frozen at most grocery stores, but I've never had any interest in them. I'll take one Whataburger over ten WC sliders any day.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom