What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick cheesesteak. Deli roast beef, onion, red bell pepper (pan fried in butter and oil), and American cheese (added at the end to melt) on a Portuguese roll.

cheesesteak_091123_img_1565-jpg.jpg

Quick cheesesteak. Deli roast beef, onion, red bell pepper (pan fried in butter and oil), and American cheese (added at the end to melt) on a Portuguese roll.

View attachment 104727
I'm curious, what is called a "portuguese roll" in the US? (If my Google search is right, it's what we in Portugal call a "papo seco" or "carcaça")

Tell her happy birthday from all of us! How’d the dinner out go?

Was great. I had Dixie chicken with side of shrooms. 10/10. Wife had a steak which was perfect. Eli had a burrito. He absolutely loves taco bell here. I e taken him 3 times. So the burrito was not unexpected?
All huge meals. I had a pilsner and they had diet cokes.
Wife was very happy. I'll pass on congrats. Thanks.

Russ

Yes! That's indeed a very common type of bread here in Portugal.

The most common bread roll in Texas stores is the Mexican Bolillo (Bo-Lee-Yo).

It could be used for a cheesesteak, but it is not a true hoagie/cheesesteak roll.

1694554613216.png

CD

Last edited:
A lot of chicken on that menu. Not much steak. But, a "New Zealand" restaurant in Texas would not be any more "authentic" to NZ food.

You need a Texas Roadhouse. They are a chain joint, too, but pretty good steaks. You pick your own steak, and they cook it.

View attachment 104722

CD

I found a pic of tex place here in the late 60s. I found a pic on net yesterday.

Russ

FB_IMG_1694490409084.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom