What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he did. Unlike some food challenges, this one is doable. It is not done often, but they didn't make it impossible.

BTW, for those unfamiliar, this is what it looks like. I forgot to mention the shrimp cocktail side before.
Anybody ever watch The Great Outdoors? John Candy undertook a challenge like that.

It's a funny movie. The raccoon scenes alone are worth watching.

They have a 72oz (2kg) steak challenge
I have to say, with all due respect, that a 72oz steak is just gross.
I used to hang around with a bunch of guys who were all serial meat eaters and was happy to see them tuck into a 12oz, or even a 26oz steak. Many restaurants in the USA will serve a 10-12 oz steak as a norm, which is fine by me, but 72oz??? Come on!!

I used to hang around with a bunch of guys who were all serial meat eaters and was happy to see them tuck into a 12oz, or even a 26oz steak. Many restaurants in the USA will serve a 10-12 oz steak as a norm, which is fine by me, but 72oz??? Come on!!

It's a food challenge at a touristy restaurant. Nobody else eats that steak. I've had the 12oz ribeye there, and it was quite good.

There is a YouTube channel called Beard Meets Food, where a British guy travels around the UK and the US and Canada taking on food challenges. Believe it or not, he's not overweight -- he's quite muscular and fit. He has a long beard, hence the name of the show.

He has 3.2 million subscribers. :ohmy: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=beard+meets+food

CD

I don’t know if they still do it, but Mecklenburg Gardens in Cincy used to have a Terminator Sausage Challenge - two-pound hot mettwurst on a two-pound roll with two pounds of toppings (onions, peppers, and kraut).

Made this white grape crostata a few days ago. It was good however not at its best, I think I’ve added too much semolina’s flour. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️😊

IMG_2361.jpeg
IMG_2357.jpeg
IMG_2349.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom