What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything red/blue/purple discolors the walls of the intestines, making it very difficult for the Gastro-Interologist do do a proper exam.

Jello is allowed because it is primarily a juice in a semi-solid form.

The day before a colonoscopy, you are on a liquid diet, and have to drink a lot, because late at night, you take a medicine that, um... uses all that liquid to... um... hose you out. :eek:

CD

Your knowledge about the " exhaust pipe"
Really astounds me. :)

Russ

So yesterday was lunch to granddaughter and her bestie at school.
She txt me 9am.
Makkas today.
Big mac fries drink
Mate: mcchicken fries drink.
2 regular fries for her posse.
Frozen coke.

Then just after that daughter dropped eli off as hes coughing. Day off school.
Our order
Me: 1/4 pounder
Him ; big mac fries

$64 its getting expensive lol. While delivering to Isla eli robbed McDonald's competition game sticker. Free chips and soft serve. Double bonus for him.

Russ

I don't understand how it can make any difference what colour it is... and why the Jell-O?
Yeah, what CD said - red/purple stuff can look like blood, which is a warning sign.

Jell-O because the day before (today for me) it’s a liquid diet only. Jell-O, popsicles, pop, water, broth, tea, coffee…that’s about it. No dairy, either.

Today, I’ve had Jell-O, broth, water, grape juice, and pop. I’ve had the pills that sort of soften everything and get things working, and I drank the first bottle (of two) that starts the rear end volcano. Expecting that any time now.

That prep drink…it’s supposed to be cranberry flavor, and it starts out as sort of fruity-in-a-medicine-way, but quickly turns into this sort of garlicky-oniony-pig-manure taste. I drink the second one at 3AM.

So yesterday was lunch to granddaughter and her bestie at school.
She txt me 9am.
Makkas today.
Big mac fries drink
Mate: mcchicken fries drink.
2 regular fries for her posse.
Frozen coke.

Then just after that daughter dropped eli off as hes coughing. Day off school.
Our order
Me: 1/4 pounder
Him ; big mac fries

$64 its getting expensive lol. While delivering to Isla eli robbed McDonald's competition game sticker. Free chips and soft serve. Double bonus for him.

Russ
It was $64 for that?! Omg wtf? That costs them no more that $5 to produce that. Geez.

Yeah, what CD said - red/purple stuff can look like blood, which is a warning sign.

Jell-O because the day before (today for me) it’s a liquid diet only. Jell-O, popsicles, pop, water, broth, tea, coffee…that’s about it. No dairy, either.

Today, I’ve had Jell-O, broth, water, grape juice, and pop. I’ve had the pills that sort of soften everything and get things working, and I drank the first bottle (of two) that starts the rear end volcano. Expecting that any time now.

That prep drink…it’s supposed to be cranberry flavor, and it starts out as sort of fruity-in-a-medicine-way, but quickly turns into this sort of garlicky-oniony-pig-manure taste. I drink the second one at 3AM.

For my last visit to the spaceship, they gave me tablets for the prep. 12 of them, six at first, and six more 6 hours later -- with about a quart of water each time. And, calling them "tablets" is a flat-out lie. They are horse pills... no, they're elephant pills.

CD

For my last visit to the spaceship, they gave me tablets for the prep. 12 of them, six at first, and six more 6 hours later -- with about a quart of water each time. And, calling them "tablets" is a flat-out lie. They are horse pills... no, they're elephant pills.

CD

I just remembered something. After my cancer treatment, I had to get CT scans every six months for two years. One time, I got to my appointment, and the nurse gave me two bottles of Contrast to drink -- you know, the fruit flavored wallpaper paste. I got halfway through choking down the second bottle when the Radiology Technician came to get me. She looked at me funny, and asked why I was drinking the Contrast. She said it wasn't needed for this scan. A nurse almost died that day. :ninja:

CD

CD
It amazes me how different preps can be. My earlier ones were no pills, but something like three frigging liters of this nasty-ass lemon stuff, powdered that you mixed yourself.

This one is two pills (Ducolax) and two small bottles of prep, and a lot of liquid on your own.

It's a food challenge at a touristy restaurant. Nobody else eats that steak. I've had the 12oz ribeye there, and it was quite good.

There is a YouTube channel called Beard Meets Food, where a British guy travels around the UK and the US and Canada taking on food challenges. Believe it or not, he's not overweight -- he's quite muscular and fit. He has a long beard, hence the name of the show.

He has 3.2 million subscribers. :ohmy: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=beard+meets+food

CD

I'm one of those subscribers. He eats an 85oz steak in this video (yes, in Texas as well):

CD

I was aware you are a cancer survivor but didnt know what from. Sorry if I touched a nerve.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom