What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

I enjoyed that place. Do they still serve humongous portions? I seem to remember we had 2 plates of pasta between 4 of us!
My sandwich was normal size for a Cuban. I rarely eat more than half at a time, plus it had fries as a side. Craig couldn't quite finish his meatloaf and mashies. He didn't eat but a couple bites of the corn, didn't like it, though I took a couple of bites and thought it was pretty good when I boxed up what was left of his meal.

However, the table next to us, we chatted a bit, got a Chicken Bellagio. It was a paillard chicken breast, either 1.5 or 2 breasts, big oval plate, and the pasta was piled high and the 3 pieces of chicken covered it, overlapping. She gave her boyfriend/husband nearly half of the chicken. He got a salad, big guy, body builder, with chicken and steak added. It was a pretty big salad to begin with. They were still eating when we left, so no idea how much of their food they ate.

Last edited:
Never been there, I heard bad things about that place. Also that they have menus with 76 pages?
They have a large menu, maybe 14 pages total, but that includes 3 pages of specialty drinks and wine, 2 pages of cheesecake flavors, 1 of other desserts, 2 pages of appys, small plates and flatbreads. The kids menu takes up half a page I think, just glanced at while looking through menu last night. Their menus are tallish and skinny.

They are a chain so there's going to be well run locations, and some not so well run, just like any other chain. Plus, there are going to be "off" nights like there are everywhere. Our food was good last night, but my fries with my sandwich, while quite acceptable, were not as good as I've had there at other times.

Last edited:
Sort of a quick version of garlic bread, pan fried, dry chives, oregano and thyme sprinkled. Avocado, salt, pepper, lemon juice.

Avo a tad unripe, a tad chewy, but still ok. It might have been perfect tomorrow🤷‍♀️

Lovely combination though.

Vegan Panna Cotta, very yummy.
20240908_195652.jpg

20240908_190254.jpg

View attachment 118350
Let’s see…Biergarten radish, pepperoni, landjäger sausage we got at Oktoberfest yesterday, onion cheese, honey ham loaf, sweet, dill, and herbed pickles, black olives, cheddar-stuffed olives, and crackers.

Abymes Vin De Savoie in the jug.
I love that jug and the cups! And the food offerings ain't too shabby, neither!

We went to The Cheesecake Factory. I had baked mushrooms stuffed with fontina, parm, garlic and herbs in a white wine, herb and something else sauce as an appy. Sauce was reddish, but didn't taste like tomatoes, red bell or paprika, and wasn't spicy, so not cayenne. A Cuban sandwich that was actually quite good, better than a local Cuban run hole in the wall place. Ate half of mushrooms and sandwich, breakfast! Brought home a piece of Godiva cheesecake.

Craig had SW egg rolls with pico and guacamole then had meatloaf with mashies and corn. He brought home a piece of Key Lime cheesecake.
Have not been to one of those in a long time. Never had a bad meal though.

Back
Top Bottom