What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

Tovala meals of chicken katsu, rice, and an Asian slaw.

20240909_182530.jpg

We had ham steak (which was pretty good), air-fryer french fries (always like those), and this cabbage thingy from ALDI (that wasn’t so great) - it was this finely-minced mixture of different vegetables, and frozen herbs and broth knobs, along with some golden raisins.

As it started to thaw and cook in the skillet, it had an almost North African smell to it, and I thought, “Nice, that wasn’t expected,” but it was one of the blandest things I’d ever eaten - both MrsT sat there and marveled at how it could have such a prominent smell, but taste of nothing.

My Mother had a "beautification appointment" today, so it was linner out at this great "soup salad sandwich" joint.
Mom & I each had a bowl of New England Clam Chowder & half a sandwich (ham&swiss on marbled rye for her and chicken salad on 9 grain for moi).
DH is not a fan of this restaurant and has the same thing every time, Ham&Swiss, dry, no veggies either 🤷‍♀️
I was going to leave him at home, again, but he insisted upon tagging along - "I haven't seen Mom in awhile, I really should come along."

I haven't had that in a long time. I love it but nobody else in my house did (kids hated the color and refused to try it). When I eat it I buy a can because DH won't touch it. :thumbsdown:
I have learned how to make smaller batches for myself. I use a 1/4 bag of split peas. Which gives me about 2 - 3 servings. I eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It freezes well also.

I have learned how to make smaller batches for myself. I use a 1/4 bag of split peas. Which gives me about 2 - 3 servings. I eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It freezes well also.
I just ordered one of those food saver systems (my husband's cousin has a buddy who has a restaurant supply store and is getting it for me at cost). I think I will make some split pea soup when ham goes on sale and freeze some small portions. Will be good to have at times where hubby is not home...lately he is always home so I still have to cook him something to eat, so generally I will eat what I am cooking for him. But now that his vision is starting to improve maybe he will get out of the house on his own more.

Back
Top Bottom