What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

IMG_9295.jpeg
IMG_9296.jpeg

Cheesecake Cake.
It was a weird one to make. I had no faith that 30grams of cornflour would hold it all together, it even looked like opaque jelly before it was refrigerated.
The whole things been eaten though and they want more so it must have gone well 🤷‍♀️

The recipe is really badly written. I had to copy, paste and rewrite it because it was done in an unnecessarily complicated way.

There's no biscuit base, it really is a cross between cake and cheesecake except it works beautifully with dairy free yogurt.

I used 'Coconut Collaborative' yogurt and violife vegan cream cheese.
Apart from having to up the lemon a bit it's worked straight off the bat. One of the best vegan deserts I've had.

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4069.jpeg

Gluten-Free Lemon Cheesecake Recipe | Panasonic Experience Fresh

IMG_9309.jpeg

I made a fancy minimalist plate from the leftover bits of the avocado dish I’m going to submit to the challenge tomorrow.

Simple slaw, little nugget of polenta-battered cod, some strips of jalapeño, and a little blob of smoky chipotle dressing.

If I could come up with an extravagant name for that, I’d apply for a Michelin star. :laugh:

View attachment 118283

I made a fancy minimalist plate from the leftover bits of the avocado dish I’m going to submit to the challenge tomorrow.

Simple slaw, little nugget of polenta-battered cod, some strips of jalapeño, and a little blob of smoky chipotle dressing.

If I could come up with an extravagant name for that, I’d apply for a Michelin star. :laugh:
Very pretty!

We went to The Cheesecake Factory. I had baked mushrooms stuffed with fontina, parm, garlic and herbs in a white wine, herb and something else sauce as an appy. Sauce was reddish, but didn't taste like tomatoes, red bell or paprika, and wasn't spicy, so not cayenne. A Cuban sandwich that was actually quite good, better than a local Cuban run hole in the wall place. Ate half of mushrooms and sandwich, breakfast! Brought home a piece of Godiva cheesecake.

Craig had SW egg rolls with pico and guacamole then had meatloaf with mashies and corn. He brought home a piece of Key Lime cheesecake.

Back
Top Bottom