What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

Lentils (canned), aubergine, carrot, onion, baby tomatoes, all flavoured with some curry.

IMG_6673.jpeg

IMG_6674.jpeg

I just picked up food for a carryout restaurant mystery shop. I love this dish: parmesan encrusted chicken (a side of lemon butter sauce comes with it) with steamed broccoli and cheddar mashed potatoes. Always generous portions and nicely prepared. I always get this dish at this restaurant and it never fails to please!
BJs Sept 12 2024 Canton Entree opened.jpg

Tovala meals of pasta with roasted red pepper sauce.
I'd actually been wondering what " Tovala Meals" were for some time, thinking, perhaps, that they were gourmet meals , but ready cooked.
Just looked at the website and, they're not; they're prepped, but you have to do the cooking, basically.
What a lovely idea!

I had loads of errands to do again today.
There's a new-ish "Hawaiian BBQ" a few towns up.
IMG_4444.JPG

Kalbi Plate

IMG_4445.JPG

Chicken Katsu

IMG_4447.JPG

We shared the two plates ... this how most folks serve up the ribs, cut the meat off the bones with a pair of sheers.
Cook's treat, I nibbled off the meat from the bones :D
A bunch of folks around here have been ranting and raving about this place and how good it was ... HMMMM ... it was okay.
The Mac Salad was too al dente for my taste, the chicken and the ribs were missing something, to me, but I'm very critical of "Hawaiian Food".
Most of the Hawaii-style foods `round these parts, I can make myself.
DH gave these two plates a 4 out of 5 stars, "I like your Katsu and Kalbi much better."
:love:

Back
Top Bottom