What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

Shrimp fettuccine Alfredo with garlic bread.
20240914_202432.jpg

Hubby cooked and didn't quite get it right.

The soup is meant to be a creamy base for the veg. He forgot despite the recipe being open on the page. It's originally a vegetarian recipe made with mascapone that gets stirred in at the end. So he tried doing that with silken tofu. Fail. Big time. Even the adapted note to the side said what to do. And when I asked how much stock he put in, the answer was a litre. He knew I was asking how many teaspoons he had put in of stock powder... yeah. It should have had 4tsp. I don't think it has more than 1tsp. It will need some TLC for the next 2 nights.

20240915_181446.jpg

My current plan is to blend the entire thing together with more stock powder. OK it will have a green tinge to it from the peas and perhaps an orange tint from the carrots but I will probably be more edible.

Not today but the last evenings meal before flying back yesterday.
Paella for both Mr SSOAP and my sons and I had what is a kind of mixed fish dish which was like paella without the rice!

IMG_4098.jpeg

My dish, it was so good I’ll be back for more. There’s a gorgeous chunk of monkfish lurking under there!

IMG_4101.jpeg

Mr SSOAP and the boys had one of these each. He likes paella so much I had to show you that he always looks like a big kid when it turns up and that makes me rather happy too.

And the view didn’t hurt the flavours one bit 👍
The sun went down between ordering and it turning up. The sunset was gorgeous.
IMG_4096.jpeg

Paella for both Mr SSOAP and my sons and I had what is a kind of mixed fish dish which was like paella without the rice!

View attachment 118580
My dish, it was so good I’ll be back for more. There’s a gorgeous chunk of monkfish lurking under there!

View attachment 118581
Mr SSOAP and the boys had one of these each. He likes paella so much I had to show you that he always looks like a big kid when it turns up and that makes me rather happy too.

And the view didn’t hurt the flavours one bit 👍
The sun went down between ordering and it turning up. The sunset was gorgeous.
View attachment 118582
Why no rice? You don't like rice?

I made Soup in the Instant Pot for later down the road:
IMG_4455.JPG

Wild Rice (the real stuff, but the "blend") Chicken and Mushrooms with a boatload of veggies in there too.
I pulled 2 cups for the pot for DH, he dislikes anything "creamy", before adding the heavy cream.
He took a taste and said that it's very good and would be better with some Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers... the temps are dropping, so that may happen sooner than he thinks.

Mexican-SW-Asian pork belly tacos with Mexican rice. I cured the pork belly with Ancho powder, cumin, coriander, a touch of cayenne, and salt of course, roasted until tender. Crisped up the pork belly before making the tacos. Condiments for the tacos were sriracha mayo, pickled red onions, cilantro, avocado, and an Asian slaw with carrots and radish, dressed with a garlic-ginger-tamari-sesame oil-touch of mayo dressing. I winged the rice and it was some of the best Mexican rice we've ever had.

20240915_184455.jpg

We caught a non-rainy time window for a walk outside, boyfriend and I, so I didn't get to bake crackers, perhaps tonight...

So Elevenses was Kipferl and coffee no.3, pre lunch snack was Kipferl no 2, a Kinder bueno stick.

Back
Top Bottom