What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

Given my appalling diet over the past 5 days, I decided that today I would eat properly.
Buttered toast with peanut butter and pepper jelly for breakfast.
Cauliflower cheese, potatoes and carrots for lunch.
And if I'm hungry a little later on, it will be goat cheese, watercress, baby lettuce, rocket from the garden and a few slices of tomato.
I am trying to get back to eating healthier as well. Since I retired five months ago I have been hitting snacks during the day. I had salad the past two days for lunch and will again today. Also bought bananas and oranges so I have those instead of things that are not good for you. Picked up microwave popcorn too. Was eating potato chips, protein bars and M&M’s.

Sheet pan meal mostly. Onions, fennel and red bell pepper strips roasted until soft and partly caramelized, shrimp tossed in garlic, oil, butter, and a bit of the juice from preserved lemons. Couscous with chicken stock, pine nuts, garlic, a bit of preserved lemon juice, and chopped up preserved lemon.

View attachment 118626
Yum

Lazy day cooking
IMG_20240917_175436_813.jpg

I made pizza last night. Awhile back we were out and about and picked up a pizza with Mike’s Hot Honey drizzled on it and it was a game changer. I added some to my pizza when it was done and it made a big difference.
Not tried honey on pizza before but definitely will now. Olives, ham and honey will be my next pizza toppings.

Yes. I tried a bit in the tip of my finger and it was spicy. On the pizza it adds a sweetness but not much heat of the spices.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. People eat cheese n crackers with quince and other sweet jams. The sweet n salt probably goes together nicely. I’d try it!

Back
Top Bottom