What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

Hey TastyReuben and anyone else who is interested: tomorrow September 18 is national cheeseburger day! McDonald's is selling double cheeseburgers for .50 cents! Bet lines are gonna be so long they'll look like Chick fil A.
We must not have gotten the word in Wilmington:

IMG_9366.jpeg

12:12PM…and I ordered a McChicken (free with points)! :laugh:

We must not have gotten the word in Wilmington:

View attachment 118652

12:12PM…and I ordered a McChicken (free with points)! :laugh:
I honestly would rather have the chicken. I haven't eaten anything at McDonald's in many years and probably haven't had a cheeseburger from McD's in more than 25 years...I don't remember them being that good. When we were little Mom used to take us to Hardee's or A&W for cheeseburgers because that's what she liked (and we loved the A&W rootbeer and rootbeer floats).

I honestly would rather have the chicken. I haven't eaten anything at McDonald's in many years and probably haven't had a cheeseburger from McD's in more than 25 years...I don't remember them being that good. When we were little Mom used to take us to Hardee's or A&W for cheeseburgers because that's what she liked (and we loved the A&W rootbeer and rootbeer floats).
I miss getting A&W root beer in a frosted mug. I would go and get that with a side of fries. Loved their fries.

I miss getting A&W root beer in a frosted mug. I would go and get that with a side of fries. Loved their fries.
I loved how they came out with a tray and hung it off the car door. I wonder why that practice was discontinued? Probably messing up peoples' paint jobs?

I loved how they came out with a tray and hung it off the car door. I wonder why that practice was discontinued? Probably messing up peoples' paint jobs?
I haven’t seen an A&W in years. No idea if any are still around. About 30 years ago we saw a KFC / A&W. We stopped. They served the KFC fries. So disappointing. And you had to get your root beer from a dispenser. It was not a good experience

Last edited:
I haven’t seen an A&W in years. No idea if any are still around. About 30 years ago we saw a KFC / A&W. We stopped. They served the KFC fries. So disappointing. And you had to get your root beer from a dispenser. It was not a good experience
We've got one left in a nearby town about 15 minutes away. It's strictly A&W. At least it was there last year...

Had linner (late lunch/early dinner) out at a new restaurant with Mrs. NDN aka Next Door Neighbor.

IMG_4468.JPG

Mine
IMG_4467.JPG

hers
IMG_4469.JPG

we each ordered wine.
Mrs. NDN said, "it's a really small pour, order a double..."
Doh, okay ...
WHAT?!
That's a pretty big 'glass' of wine...

Back
Top Bottom