What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

Made a basic salad to go with the wings. Very much enjoyed it. Will be doing the wings again!

IMG_2484.jpeg

IMG_4134.jpeg

Now normally I will sit down at the location and eat the entire sandwich. It takes me close to 45 minutes. Often I will have a bunch of work lined up to do after so the sandwich wouldn't keep well to bring home, so I just choose to eat at the location. However, this time it was my last stop, so I took it to go and brought it home and had DH eat half of it. He absolutely loved it! I might be getting these to-go more often to share. Love at first bite...

Jersey Mike Sept 19 2024 sandwich 2.jpg

Couldn’t find a reasonable size bag or tub of course Himalayan salt, they were all large bags or silly supermarket prices for their new trend of downsized tiny rip you off jars.
Example below - thats £45 per kilo ($59 per 2.2llbs)!
Absurd treating it like some artisan spice, especially when other people are still selling it like it’s just salt! 😂

IMG_2487.jpeg

Bought the big bag cheaply and now have a lot of salt for the table and we don’t use much table salt.
We do seem to get through a fair amount of the far more expensive smoked salt though.

So I smoked some of it. It went well and for smoked salt is a bargain.
IMG_4133.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

Lets hope having the choice of smoked salt on the table doesn’t increase folks salt intake too much 😂

Last edited:
Now normally I will sit down at the location and eat the entire sandwich. It takes me close to 45 minutes. Often I will have a bunch of work lined up to do after so the sandwich wouldn't keep well to bring home, so I just choose to eat at the location. However, this time it was my last stop, so I took it to go and brought it home and had DH eat half of it. He absolutely loved it! I might be getting these to-go more often to share. Love at first bite...

View attachment 118700
Is that a roast beef dip sandwich? 🤤

Back
Top Bottom