What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

I had made chicken Marsala with mushrooms and topped with goat cheese and a side of mashed potatoes last night (Friday) and tonight I turned the mashed potatoes into potato pancakes and topped it with leftover chicken Marsala. Delicious both times.

BReakfast was bread and soy yoghurt amd coffee.

Elevenses was French toast. Had 1 savoury, 1 sweet topped.

Lunch will probably be a frittata, or quinoa patties, maybe a quick rice noodle soup, if I gather inspiration.

20240902_111123.jpg

I had fish sticks, homemade mac and potato salads last night.

Domino's Pizza currently have an advert in TV in Australia taking a cheeseburger and making it into a pizza...
Bacon-cheeseburger pizza is another one that’s been around for a long time here - long enough that it’s now considered sort of retro.

I probably shouldn’t admit this, but here goes (maybe this should be in the new private area!): back in the late-‘90’s, when I was…ahem…quite a bit larger than I am now, my favorite way to spoil myself, when MrsT would be traveling for one reason or another, was to go to our local pizza place (creatively named “Pizza & Pasta,” because…wait for it…they sold pizza and pasta), and order their bacon-cheeseburger pizza, in their XL size, which was a full 24 inches across…and eat the entire thing in a single sitting.

Those days, thankfully, have passed. The heart still wants to (it apparently has a death wish), but the brain (and my much smaller stomach) always overrule it.

That is so clever! Do you add flour and eggs? Do you make them thin or thick?
Good to know for leftover mash.
No, I don't add flour or eggs. I fry them in a nonstick pan in a few drops of oil or butter by spooning a dollop of mashed potatoes in and forming with the spatula, cooking them on low heat, then flipping when they've firmed up and browned on the bottom (20 minutes or so). Makes a great vehicle for fried eggs placed on top of the pancakes at breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom