What did you cook or eat today (September 2024)

I had a toasted, buttered and cream cheesed (I like Lender’s frozen) onion bagel and a cup of tea for breakfast.
Now I’m having a cup of fresh ground and brewed coffee (sugar and half and half).

I had a toasted, buttered and cream cheesed (I like Lender’s frozen) onion bagel and a cup of tea for breakfast.
Now I’m having a cup of fresh ground and brewed coffee (sugar and half and half).
Sounds good to me! I have a cup of tea then a coffee every day, but usually no food until after.

Simple lunch, very enjoyable.
Soy sauce based soup, rice noodles, quinoa leftovers patties, nicely spiced, pickles.
20240902_132708.jpg
20240902_132717.jpg
20240902_132720.jpg

I did use chopsticks , and fingers.😊

I threw together this potato salad this morning, for later today:
IMG_9259.jpeg

View attachment 118128

Doesn’t look like there’s much going on there, does it?…especially considering our usual potato salad is full of celery, hard-boiled egg, and dressed with mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard.

This one is tossed in a simple vinaigrette - just oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper. That’s it.

Despite the limited ingredients, it’s a deliciously light, nimble potato salad.

View attachment 118129
View attachment 118128

Doesn’t look like there’s much going on there, does it?…especially considering our usual potato salad is full of celery, hard-boiled egg, and dressed with mayonnaise, sour cream, and mustard.

This one is tossed in a simple vinaigrette - just oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper. That’s it.

And some onion?

View attachment 118129
View attachment 118128

Which goes to prove that mayonnaise doesn't have to be used in potato salad. A few capers in there might be good, if you like capers.

The squares are the biscuits, less waste and re-rolling of dough.
That’s how I do mine - and it’s faster getting them to the oven, and since you’re not reworking the dough, every biscuit is tender. The traditional way, that last cat head biscuit could be pretty tough!

Back
Top Bottom