What would you choose?

I’d get The Dunk for my bread, Salumi & Cheese for my appetizer, Antipasto for my salad, Meatballs for my side, and Spicy Vodka for my pasta.
All that comes with a free packet of "Tums" :laugh: :laugh:
There were 5 of us, so we got to try the homemade ricotta (glorious) the artichokes alla Giudea (delicious) and the meatballs (amazing). I'd had a faceful of pizza 3 hours earlier, so my main was the antipasto salad (a curious invention, but delicious - maybe a bit too much dressing). The other 3 had the spicy Vodka, the Agnello and the Squash and Mascarpone.

I’d get the pretzels to start and probably the patty melt for my main.

There are only two burgers on there I’d ever eat - the patty melt and the American Standard. All the rest have something on them that I don’t like (at least on a burger).
I would only eat the American Standard for the same reasons, all the rest have something I don't like on a burger. I don't care for rye bread (except for the kind without caroway seeds) and I detest Thousand Island dressing. I like the mushroom Swiss but I would not want a pretzel bun and no lettuce or tomato. There are several burgers that would be okay with things omitted (not a fan of BBQ sauce on a burger, don't like blue cheese on another, not a fun of the runny egg on a burger, etc.).

IMG_8626.jpeg
IMG_8627.jpeg

All the usually-pork meat items aren’t made from pork - so turkey bacon, chicken sausage, and I didn’t ask about the ham.

View attachment 115417View attachment 115418
All the usually-pork meat items aren’t made from pork - so turkey bacon, chicken sausage, and I didn’t ask about the ham.
Well, none of the omelets look appealing to me. I am rather offended by the idea of turkey bacon, wow! And do you think that the ham is actually SPAM or something? Also I am really confused about gyro meat being offered as an extra to the breakfast meals since I don't see gyros on the menu? Guessing that's a "lunch only" item.

And I have a problem with the idea that a restaurant is serving Pillsbury biscuits instead of making their own!

Quite honestly, I don't see anything I would want to eat on that menu, I think I would just get up, walk out, and go find somewhere else to eat.

Edited to add that an omelet with pineapple in it sounds absolutely revolting.

I am rather offended by the idea of turkey bacon, wow! And do you think that the ham is actually SPAM or something?
It’s a Muslim couple who own it (wife was front, husband was cooking), so no pork.

What really surprised me was that it was fairly busy, and it’s not like Xenia is a hep town full of Gen-Z’ers and Millennials - we were the youngest couple in there, by far. Just a bunch of old farmers and their wives.

I give the couple kudos for opening a diner in the middle of farm country and sticking to their beliefs on the pork. Not sure how business-savvy it is, though.

Also I am really confused about gyro meat being offered as an extra to the breakfast meals since I don't see gyros on the menu? Guessing that's a "lunch only" item.
Yeah, I didn’t take any pics of the lunch side of things.

And I have a problem with the idea that a restaurant is serving Pillsbury biscuits instead of making their own!
Haha, I didn’t even notice that! :laugh:

I ended up with the vegetable omelette, minus mushrooms, and MrsT had the Mediterranean one. Both were very good, but not the way I would have made them.

It’s a Muslim couple who own it (wife was front, husband was cooking), so no pork.

What really surprised me was that it was fairly busy, and it’s not like Xenia is a hep town full of Gen-Z’ers and Millennials - we were the youngest couple in there, by far. Just a bunch of old farmers and their wives.

I give the couple kudos for opening a diner in the middle of farm country and sticking to their beliefs on the pork. Not sure how business-savvy it is, though.

Yeah, I didn’t take any pics of the lunch side of things.

Haha, I didn’t even notice that! :laugh:

I ended up with the vegetable omelette, minus mushrooms, and MrsT had the Mediterranean one. Both were very good, but not the way I would have made them.
I was just talking to my DH about that and we both thought that might be the case.

From what you're telling me, they're not French omelettes because they're only folded once. That's the way I do them, but then I'm not a great fan of French food.
Too many ingredients in each omelette, IMHO. I'm happy to eat, for example, a cheese & onion omelette, a cheese & bacon omelette, or even a cheese, tomato and pepper omelette, but I feel that, when there are more than 3 ingredients, you lose the omelette (eggs) and end up with a veggie, or veggie and meat/sausage/charcuterie scrambled egg. NOT saying I wouldn't eat one, but the excess of ingredients completely changes the omelette.

Back
Top Bottom