What would you choose?

View attachment 117554View attachment 117555View attachment 117556View attachment 117557

We were last here over 30 years ago, and I don’t think it’s changed hardly at all (except for the prices).
Is the tenderloin pork? At that price, I am guessing so. I would have the tenderloin sandwich with onion rings for my lunch/dinner, and of course biscuits and gravy with 2 over easy eggs, toast, and extra crispy hashbrowns for breakfast.

That Manhattan pot roast photo in the other thread looked really good. I didn't see the chili on the menu?

Is the tenderloin pork? At that price, I am guessing so. I would have the tenderloin sandwich with onion rings for my lunch/dinner, and of course biscuits and gravy with 2 over easy eggs, toast, and extra crispy hashbrowns for breakfast.

That Manhattan pot roast photo in the other thread looked really good. I didn't see the chili on the menu?
The tenderloin is pork, yes.

Chili was on the specials board, which also, believe it or not, featured tater tot casserole!

Intrigued by the menu, as always.
I'm pretty sure my son's family would spend a whole week there eating pizza burgers...
On the lunch menu there's something called Manhattan. I always assumed that was a cocktail.
On the breakfast menu , there's something called fried mush. That made me laugh, because that's a greeting where I come from!
"Hey, mush, how ya doing? "
( taken from Google) In British slang, "mush" is a term of endearment used to address a friend or a companion. It is derived from the Romani word "mush" which means "man" or "mate." It is often used in informal and friendly conversations.

IMG_9079.jpeg

On the lunch menu there's something called Manhattan. I always assumed that was a cocktail.
A beef manhattan is a sandwich…sort of. Here’s a little info:

Beef Manhattan - Wikipedia

It’s classic Midwestern diner food, right up there with meatloaf and chicken-and-dumplings, almost revered in these parts.

You’ll note the Wiki entry mentions Beef Manhattan’s sister, Turkey Manhattan. That was on the specials board tonight.

Last edited:
I'd have the 3-piece chicken dinner with the vege of the day (depending on what it was, hoping for green beans) or the country fried steak, depending on my mood. I would be offended that they offer "dinners" without at least one complimentary side.
I agree.

I'd have the 3-piece chicken dinner with the vege of the day (depending on what it was, hoping for green beans) or the country fried steak, depending on my mood. I would be offended that they offer "dinners" without at least one complimentary side.
I did just notice that the dinners offer two sides--but initially when I was looking at fried chicken I saw that the sides were a la carte and it confused me. I now see that those are for people who want extra sides.

I'd have the 3-piece chicken dinner with the vege of the day (depending on what it was, hoping for green beans)
Well, here’s how that went:

MrsT: You know, I really want a hamburger. I hardly ever order a burger. That just sounds good.

Me: I’ve been eating so much heavy food the last few days, I think I’ll just get a salad.

MrsT: Oh, look. They have a 3-piece chicken dinner. You know, I really wanted a breast last night-

Me: Yeah, me too… :whistling:

MrsT: Shut up. I said I wanted a breast last night, but I just had that drumstick, and a fried chicken breast sounds good, too, but I don’t want all that other chicken. I wish I could just get the burger and a chicken breast…

Yep - she ordered a burger, I ordered the chicken, she ate about half the breast, I ate the wing and the thigh, and that was how that went. :laugh:

Oh, vegetable of the day was Harvard beets, so I had those and coleslaw. That’s a salad…sort of…

Back
Top Bottom