What would you choose?

I always get a side of sausage patties. Seems like majority of restaurants are quite stingy with the amount of sausage in their gravy.
Good plan. I would definitely get the sausage...just not sure if it's links or not, which would be a PITA.

I guess I didn't get the invite to breakfast, but I would have had to leave here really early this a.m. since it's a 3+ hour drive, LOL. I am guessing by now they are long finished with breakfast and have moved on to a local pub, but I could be wrong!

Morning Glory: Goetta - Wikipedia
Goetta (/ˈɡɛtə/ GHET-ə)[1] is a meat-and-grain sausage or mush[2] of German inspiration that is popular in Metro Cincinnati. It is primarily composed of ground meat (pork, or sausage and beef), steel-cut oats and spices.[3][4] It was originally a dish meant to stretch out servings of meat over several meals to conserve money,[5] and is a similar dish to scrapple and livermush, both also developed by German immigrants.[6]

I wonder if it was invented by Etta? Go Etta, Go Etta, make that mush, make that mush!

What is goetta- as mentioned in the eggs section?
What JAS_OH1 said, but here’s one pic from a local butcher who makes their own in-shop:

1720732555170.png

It’s very versatile - sometimes squares, sometimes rectangular, sometimes patties. Usually served with maple syrup at breakfast, but it gets added to a lot of dishes here, like goetta omelettes, goetta pizza, goetta with pasta, etc.

We also have a Goettafest here soon:

Goettafest - Glier's Goetta

Why is biscuits and gravy listed as a side? Also wondering if it's sausage gravy?
Yes, sausage gravy. It’s difficult to find it any other way here. I like this place because the sausage was smoked ground sausage, and instead of big hunks, it was ground very fine, and not too much of it (I’m someone who, if I had my way, would have zero sausage in my gravy and would have the sausage on the side).

Yes, sausage gravy. It’s difficult to find it any other way here. I like this place because the sausage was smoked ground sausage, and instead of big hunks, it was ground very fine, and not too much of it (I’m someone who, if I had my way, would have zero sausage in my gravy and would have the sausage on the side).
Sounds delicious. But you like basically flour, milk, and spices for your biscuit gravy? C'mon, you need a little grease!

What is goetta- as mentioned in the eggs section?
It is what JS said: ground meat with oats and spices, not dissimilar to haggis filling. I have tried it; to me it smells like cat vomit and tastes awful, but i'm not a meat eater. I've got a feeling there may be some other body parts in it...

I’m excited to have found a Vietnamese restaurant that is accredited with the coeliac society and claims 98% of its menu is gluten free! WHOOP WHOOP.

It’s website menu is excellent, you can tick the gluten free box and the dishes that aren’t suitable become pale so you can see you have a wide choice before you even arrive.

This is one of their menu pages, guess what starter I’m having?
There’s something on there any dedicated forum member would have to have!

IMG_2396.jpeg

And bonus it’s right next to the boys flat!

IMG_9061.jpeg
IMG_9062.jpeg
IMG_9063.jpeg
IMG_9064.jpeg

We were last here over 30 years ago, and I don’t think it’s changed hardly at all (except for the prices).

Back
Top Bottom