What's going on in your garden (2024)?

Herbs. Weeds. And onions.
IMG_4811.jpeg
IMG_4810.jpeg
IMG_4809.jpeg

Last edited:
Hang on ! I know what that is!!

It's a spindly free weed plant.:cool::cool::D
I looked carefully at the photo for about 2 minutes and thought; "Yah, I've seen that before!". then I realised I hadn't:D
It's legal here in Canada. You can grow up to 4 plants on your property. I don't partake in that activity much anymore, but as a child of the 70's I just have to grow one or two. Now that you can buy it at a few shops in town, I can't give the stuff away.

Update on my parsley and the black swallowtails - the chrysalis that was there is now empty, so I assume that the butterfly emerged when we were away.

However, I discovered another caterpillar! Hopefully we’ll get to watch this one metamorphose.

Someone’s neglected their herb garden
You can happily dry the oregano (or is it marjoram?), the chives, the thyme, the rosemary and the basil. You could also make homemade pesto with the basil. You can prepare a tabbouleh with the parsley (yes, I know, it's not a dish from the midWest :laugh: ) but it's just loads of chopped parsley, mint, chopped tomatoes, lemon juice and bulghur wheat, and even my son eats it. Make pesto with the basil.

A useful garden tool. Winona got me this sling shot a few years ago when we had ground hogs living under a shed next door. The decimated some of my garden. I actually hit one with it once. It just ran away. Lol. We were shooting at beer cans once before we got our wooden fence and my daughter ricochet one and it went through my neighbour's basement apartment window into his kitchen. He was watching tv and the ball bearing rolled across the floor. Good thing we got along. It still cost me 300 bucks to replace it.

IMG_4842.jpeg

A useful garden tool. Winona got me this sling shot a few years ago when we had ground hogs living under a shed next door. The decimated some of my garden. I actually hit one with it once. It just ran away. Lol. We were shooting at beer cans once before we got our wooden fence and my daughter ricochet one and it went through my neighbour's basement apartment window into his kitchen. He was watching tv and the ball bearing rolled across the floor. Good thing we got along. It still cost me 300 bucks to replace it.

View attachment 116943
Those are sold as wrist rockets here. My grandad used to shoot critters and stray dogs and cats with one.

Back
Top Bottom