The CookingBites recipe challenge: avocado

I've seen avocado used in sweet dishes and avocado used as a thickener in this thread. Voila! strawberry avocado smoothie. It has the texture of a thick milkshake and tastes exactly like a sweet strawberry smoothie.
View attachment 118135
Ok my DD would LOVE that. Please post that recipe as well.
Close. What you called bok choy is a subspecies of the same plant as bok choy called napa cabbage or chinese cabbage. The dish was tasty and filling. Thanks for the comment. I wasn't planning a recipe. I can't contribute to the challenge since is my challenge.
You can still post the recipe. It looks so good.

Close. What you called bok choy is a subspecies of the same plant as bok choy called napa cabbage or chinese cabbage. The dish was tasty and filling. Thanks for the comment. I wasn't planning a recipe. I can't contribute to the challenge since is my challenge.
Many judges have posted a recipe that isn't an entry, you can if you want.

I ate one of the avo's with just pepper and salt, spooning it out.
The other was very very ripe and got mixed with onion, onion leek/green/leaves, chili, garlic and lime juice and disappeared in no time, on toasted bread.
No pics, sorry

20240903_123514.jpg

I must get around to weighing the hass avocados we get here in Australia. They're much bigger than in the UK.

I put about a third of one on those 2 rounds of bread and the avocado is quite thick. It's raspberry jam on the top.

Bad news. I followed my advice on freezing avocados that I got from the internet. I defrosted the first one and the avocado has turned to mush. They are all useless now except for soup or maybe avocado salsa. Sorry I posted the information. I will try to delete it.

Bad news. I followed my advice on freezing avocados that I got from the internet. I defrosted the first one and the avocado has turned to mush. They are all useless now except for soup or maybe avocado salsa. Sorry I posted the information. I will try to delete it.

Well, probably don't delete it. Just add a note to the foot of the post. Use the edit function at the bottom of the post.

Are they too mushy to make guacamole?

I am trying this recipe right now using mashed avocado because I am going to take it a bit further using additional ingredients to make guacamole chips if it works out. I just put one single chip in the oven to test it to see if I need to add more cheese or anything else before baking the rest of the batch.
Baked Avocado Chips

Well it worked pretty well but I think 20 minutes at 325F (the author suggested 15 minutes) for the 1st side and 5 minutes after flipping (she suggested 2-3 minutes) would work better. The one in the photo below wasn't quite crisp but tasted really good. I think results will vary depending on people's oven temperatures. I added a bit more cheese and a pinch of salt to the mixture after baking the 1st one.

20240903_192024.jpg
20240903_192441.jpg

I just started the remaining crisps (going with the 20/5 minutes baking times). Also she wrote that 2 half sheets would be needed but I got them on 1 baking sheet with room to spare.

Now I know how to go about with my guacamole chips with my next avocado (probably Thursday). I plan on slightly dehydrating the jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro before adding it to the mash and wondering if I can use a more authentic Mexican cheese (Cotijo) instead of Parmesan, or perhaps a mixture of both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom