The CookingBites recipe challenge: couscous

This will be my second challenge entry.

Dressed eggs with buckwheat couscous, will post the recipe one of these days.

I like the filling so so much, just had one egg and part of the leftover filling for supper.

The only thing I would change is either fill the eggs not to the brim, slightly 2 mm under the brim, or create a little hill, as it seems, due to the mayo, the filling tends not to stay in the very pretty pipe bag squeezey form...

Super simple to make. Would definitely fill a pita or flatbread with this filling...it could be served in pretty bowls too, eggwhites chopped for a deconstructed deco moment on top...Dressed bowls perhaps then😊

20240716_205850.jpg
20240716_205855.jpg
20240716_210334.jpg

Recipe - Dressed Eggs with buckwheat couscous

Recipe for Dressed Eggs.

Left the filling in the fridge overnight, for about 9 hours, tested the form durability, squeezed a tiny bit, it holds perfectly. It's been 4 hours plus. However, would not recommend the dish to be out in room temp, as it has eggs and mayo,but 15 to 30 min, is fine.

If the guests find the eggs enjoyable, would be gone by then anyhow😁...hopefully...

Envision that the couscous filling is also perfect for pepperoni, toast, buns, pitas, flatbread, lettuce, let your imagination run!

20240716_205850.jpg
20240717_081402.jpg

20240716_213531.jpg
20240716_213716.jpg

This isn’t an entry, because all I did was add some egg to yesterday’s couscous in order to make patties, then fried them up:

View attachment 115801View attachment 115802View attachment 115803

Served with some warm pizza sauce, since the flavors in my couscous (shallot, garlic, pine nuts) seemed like they’d work with it.

Pretty good, and it’s a quick and easy way to use up leftover couscous. MrsT said they tasted like cornbread!

This reminds me of polenta cakes. In addition to the recipe you posted, you're finding ways to turn a North African ingredient Italian (like the Roman Empire did with the whole conquest thing, but tastier).

Back
Top Bottom