The General Chat Thread (2024)

It’s easy to complain about the internet, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I just scheduled a windshield replacement for MrsT’s car (10-inch crack running right down the center), and I was able to go out to the provider’s website, put in my VIN, have them pull up the car, put in my insurance provider, they pulled up my policy, picked a date, and they’re coming out to the house day after tomorrow.

The last time I had this done was in…2001, same company, and I had to call them and spend 30 minutes on the phone getting everything set up. Not this time, less than seven minutes, all scheduled and insurance claim already in the works.

Very happy, got some good news from one of my docs - I’ve been having to see him every couple of months for monitoring, but I appear to have stabilized, after more than four years of ever-increasing and alarming PSA numbers, leading to multiple surgical biopsies and MRIs, so I’ve been cleared to skip seeing him for a whopping eight months.

I also got good medical news.
My HbA1C was normal range, I wasn’t concerned about that one, but this one I was- my rheumatoid factor is within normal range and on the low side 👏

So looks like I’m probably not going down the same path as my mother who has full on crippling twisted hands and feet rheumatoid arthritis. She showed a strong positive test result at the age of 37.

Happy with my test result 😊

Sad to note the passing of iconic ‘60’s model and actor Peggy Moffitt. Easily the most interesting-looking model I’ve ever seen.

Instead of posting a pic, if you have three minutes, just Google her name and look at the images - so original.

Sad to note the passing of iconic ‘60’s model and actor Peggy Moffitt. Easily the most interesting-looking model I’ve ever seen.

Instead of posting a pic, if you have three minutes, just Google her name and look at the images - so original.
Agreed she is interesting looking. I'd never seen her before. Bet she had an interesting life.

Agreed she is interesting looking. I'd never seen her before. Bet she had an interesting life.
I think the first time I ever saw her was in an episode of Batman, but she didn’t register.

The first time I saw her where I sat up and paid attention was in the film Blow-Up, which is one of my favorites. I fell right in love with her, instantly.

About 20 years ago, I went over to the Cincinnati Arts Museum, which is free for most exhibits, just to walk amongst beauty and have lunch in their cafe. I’d do that every few months when I worked in the city.

Walking in, I noticed they had an exhibit of ‘60’s fashion, and I thought, “I like the Sixties…I like fashion…I’ll just pop in there,” and it turned out to basically be an exhibit of Peggy Moffitt.

I was surrounded by all her outfits, floor-to-ceiling photos of that look…it was mesmerizing - I went back every day I was in the office (so, twice a week), until the exhibit closed. She was enthralling!

I think the first time I ever saw her was in an episode of Batman, but she didn’t register.

The first time I saw her where I sat up and paid attention was in the film Blow-Up, which is one of my favorites. I fell right in love with her, instantly.

About 20 years ago, I went over to the Cincinnati Arts Museum, which is free for most exhibits, just to walk amongst beauty and have lunch in their cafe. I’d do that every few months when I worked in the city.

Walking in, I noticed they had an exhibit of ‘60’s fashion, and I thought, “I like the Sixties…I like fashion…I’ll just pop in there,” and it turned out to basically be an exhibit of Peggy Moffitt.

I was surrounded by all her outfits, floor-to-ceiling photos of that look…it was mesmerizing - I went back every day I was in the office (so, twice a week), until the exhibit closed. She was enthralling!
Well that's serendipitous.
Bet I would have loved it too!

Was looking on the Currys website for a new washer/dryer. Some are app controlled :meh:
Sounds completely pointless doesn't it and it is a bit but I find it really useful to get a notification that the washing machine or dishwasher is finished, especially if I'm wanting to get a lot of washing done. It speeds this up quite a lot.

Sounds completely pointless doesn't it and it is a bit but I find it really useful to get a notification that the washing machine or dishwasher is finished, especially if I'm wanting to get a lot of washing done. It speeds this up quite a lot.

One of my colleagues has her washer and dishwasher on apps so that she can have them running during 'cheap electricity' time, personally I would like anything working over night as it would wake me up. Each to their own.

One of my colleagues has her washer and dishwasher on apps so that she can have them running during 'cheap electricity' time, personally I would like anything working over night as it would wake me up. Each to their own.
Interesting that there are hours where electricity costs less.

Back
Top Bottom