The General Chat Thread (2024)

There was a big power outage (90 min) in two cities ( that my daughter knows of) a few days ago at her vacay destination.

Maybe an overuse, it is a tourist hotspot.

I bought a new bar of chocolate the other day, made by a Spanish company. Dark chocolate, almonds and cranberries. Oooh yes! I thought, this will be good - and it was.
Just by chance (because I'm not normally an ingredient investigator, unless something tastes off) I turned the packet over and saw the ingredients.
In Spanish, it says "arándanos" (cranberries). Fine.
In English, it says "cranberries", but then changes to "blueberries":meh:
But in French and Portuguese, it only says "myrtilles/mirtilo" (blueberries).
Now I'm wondering what I ate!
Chocolate wrapper.jpg

I bought a new bar of chocolate the other day, made by a Spanish company. Dark chocolate, almonds and cranberries. Oooh yes! I thought, this will be good - and it was.
Just by chance (because I'm not normally an ingredient investigator, unless something tastes off) I turned the packet over and saw the ingredients.
In Spanish, it says "arándanos" (cranberries). Fine.
In English, it says "cranberries", but then changes to "blueberries":meh:
But in French and Portuguese, it only says "myrtilles/mirtilo" (blueberries).
Now I'm wondering what I ate!
View attachment 117528

Did it have visible bits of berries in it? If so I suppose they would look red if they were cranberries.

I have to confess I never looked! I just broke bits off and popped them in my mouth while I was watching TV!!!
You're gonna have to buy another bar!
I buy a dark chocolate almond and cranberry chocolate bar when in Spain (it's lovely) and it's definitely got red berries in it that taste like cranberries.

Goddam now I'm thinking about going back to Spain just for some chocolate! 😆

This morning I dropped a small glass tumbler, it hit the work surface, smashed, then bounced off and onto the floor and smashed again. TVC fetched the hoover to pick up the small bits whilst I focused on the bigger bits, dustpan and brush. All before 7am so not a good start to the day. Who knew a small tumbler contained so much glass :o_o:

Why do those tiny ants (not termites, just very small ants) always pick the evening to find a new home?

10 minutes before my 3hr lecture started, I reached over to get my nebuliser and did the wall and window crawling with them inside the sitting room...

Grrrr

I hate them. I spent the first 25 minutes of that lecture with the Bluetooth headphones on listening to it, whilst I tried to spray and kill them inside the house and then to get outside to spray the outside area with anti-ant stuff to stop them continuing coming in...

Tomorrow I have 2 x 2hrs lectures and an exam, before I can even consider cleaning up all the dead 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜 🐜

I really need to find that wonderful little stress relieving program I have that takes a screenshot of your screen, sets ants crawling over your screen and gives you a choice of weapons (hammer through to machine gun) to kill them. They go splat and squash wonderfully and you even get the broken screen at the impact points.... then you reset it and start again....

I wonder if it will work with Windows 11?

but congratulations to @karadekoolaid for his (I assume) mod appointment, not that it matters a jot but IMO a good appointment!
Thank you!
I had to think about it for a bit, I admit, because it's a fairly daunting task to begin with. I will do my very best to make it work seamlessly.
It may take a while - there's a lot to learn.

Due to a strike, my train line is not running at all right now. I had to get husband to drive me to a different train station, so I could catch a train there. Of course, everyone else had the same idea, so it was crammed.

One of these commuter trains can seat almost 2000 people at full capacity (more if some people are standing), so you can imagine how full it was with everyone who normally uses that station plus the extra from my line. I was lucky I was able to get a seat.

I’ll definitely work from home more often as long as the strike continues.

One of our colleagues is retiring at the beginning of next year so his job has been advertised. So far 3 females have been interviewed. Not sure any of them would appreciate the language and banter that goes on in here :laugh:
In most of the places I’ve worked, the women more than held their own! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom