The General Chat Thread (2024)

Words that she’s picked out so far:

Rizz
Mogging
Skibidi
Fashion MF

She started on one, and that led her down a path of, “…and just what in the hell is <insert crazy new word here> supposed to mean?!”

:laugh:
I've not heard any of those. Where did she learn of them?

Could be speaking middle English, as far as I know... :hyper: :laugh: :laugh:
McD’s is in on it - I used their app to order some fries on Saturday, and this morning, I had an email from them, giving me access to a free cheeseburger coupon, and the title of the email was…wait for it…”McD’s mobile order? Big Mood.” :laugh:

Words that she’s picked out so far:

Rizz
Mogging
Skibidi
Fashion MF

She started on one, and that led her down a path of, “…and just what in the hell is <insert crazy new word here> supposed to mean?!”

:laugh:
I work with university students as part of my job. The other day I had a student suggest we do a video with “skibidi toilet rizz”. I have never felt older in my life!

I had to ask my students a few years ago what it meant when someone said they “stan” something. They said “oh, it’s a reference from this really old song…”. This song was popular when I was in high school, which apparently was during the dark ages!

I work with university students as part of my job.
I always have these conversations with my Millennial niece, who’s a professor who’s concentration is in generational studies, so she has to be hep to all that.

We were laughing the other day because now people are starting to focus on Gen A, the generation after Gen Z.

Gen A, born between 2010-now, so the oldest Gen A’er is 14yo, and there are already characteristic matrixes for them, like “Entrepreneurial,” “Traditionalist,” and “Decision-Makers” - my first thought is, “What’s a 10yo making a decision about? What flavor Go-Gurt to have?!” :laugh:

I always have these conversations with my Millennial niece, who’s a professor who’s concentration is in generational studies, so she has to be hep to all that.

We were laughing the other day because now people are starting to focus on Gen A, the generation after Gen Z.

Gen A, born between 2010-now, so the oldest Gen A’er is 14yo, and there are already characteristic matrixes for them, like “Entrepreneurial,” “Traditionalist,” and “Decision-Makers” - my first thought is, “What’s a 10yo making a decision about? What flavor Go-Gurt to have?!” :laugh:
You missed this news about one of your fellow countrymenboys then?!

News: Q&A: This scientist developed a soap... (NPR News) - Behind the headlines - NLM.

Back
Top Bottom