The General Chat Thread (2024)

😂
After the second smashtastic time I twisted the wire onto the tree like a sandwich bag tie, pretty much quake proof 😆
One advantage of chooks. They're more interested in what's on the floor than the tree!

You beat me to it. I think I was chastised for starting them “too early” the last couple of years.

Too early?! Christmas?! Impossible!

(And yes, true fact, I’m drinking Christmas tea this morning!)
Maybe you should break out your stash of Christmas Ale, lol. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

All this Christmas talk…it is still AUGUST, people! I refuse to think about Christmas until December 1st! It’s not even Labour Day yet!

That said, I wouldn’t object to finding eggnog in the store right now…(my opinion is they should just sell it year round).

Sorry everyone, I haven't been around as much as usual. I will be back, but my MIL's condition is really detoriating and I am just very busy keeping things going here. Will come back soon enough.
Take all the time you need. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

Same here.
Did you see the story from last year, the family got the tree home and two days later they found a baby owl in it 🙁

I miss the smell of a real tree but if you have dogs with waggy tails there's nothing that stops the the mulled wine going down the gullet faster than watching their whippy tails sending a shower of pine needles over the floor and into their coats 😆
Or eating them like a ditzy poodle we had once long ago. Caused an infection in his gut and he had to have IV and then oral antibiotics.

Or the #%$&* cat that decided to take a nap on the branches deep in a very fluffy tree, and we realized hadn't seen her in a while. Started calling and looking for her in the house, progressed to outside thinking she had slipped out the door when we were bringing in groceries, not finding her anywhere, freaking out. Giving up after a while, sitting down in the family room to rest after looking around for blocks, tree starting to rustle as yawning and stretching cat comes out.

Last edited:
Or eating them like a ditzy poodle we had once long ago. Caused an infection in his gut and he had to have IV and then oral antibiotics.

Or the #%$&* cat that decided to take a nap on the branches deep in a very fluffy tree, and we realized hadn't seen her in a while. Started calling and looking for her in the house, progressed to outside thinking she had slipped out the door when we were bringing in groceries, not finding her anywhere, freaking out. Giving up after a while, sitting down in the family room to rest after looking around for blocks, tree starting to rustle as yawning and stretching cat comes out.
That is a cat with attitude 😂

All this Christmas talk…it is still AUGUST, people! I refuse to think about Christmas until December 1st! It’s not even Labour Day yet!

That said, I wouldn’t object to finding eggnog in the store right now…(my opinion is they should just sell it year round).

They haven't even started Halloween yet :meh:

We don't do Christmas really. We did it when the kids were still living at home. Now that my MIL has passed we probably will go on a trip alone somewhere warm.

Back
Top Bottom