The General Chat Thread (2024)

Yeah, it’s been up for over two years. Just changing out the lights and some decorations. Right now, it’s just lights, which we kind of like.
I was thinking more along the lines of a skeleton tree that's lost all of its needles...

I only ever buy living trees and hate the moment they come out with the chainsaw to cut the poor thing down... :cry: :cry:
Agreed. I quit buying live trees years ago when our kids were young. I would get Christmas trees in pots with the good intentions of planting them outdoors after, but they didn't do well unfortunately, so we started buying fake ones (edit: a fake one, not multiple) just to not kill trees. Not like I haven't used plenty of computer paper over the years, so...ah well.

That fake tree is still in the attic with bent needles and all.

Last edited:
Agreed. I quit buying live trees years ago when our kids were young. I would get Christmas trees in pots with the good intentions of planting them outdoors after, but they didn't do well unfortunately, so we started buying fake ones (edit: a fake one, not multiple) just to not kill trees. Not like I haven't used plenty of computer paper over the years, so...ah well.

That fake tree is still in the attic with bent needles and all.
Same here.
Did you see the story from last year, the family got the tree home and two days later they found a baby owl in it 🙁

I miss the smell of a real tree but if you have dogs with waggy tails there's nothing that stops the the mulled wine going down the gullet faster than watching their whippy tails sending a shower of pine needles over the floor and into their coats 😆

Same here.
Did you see the story from last year, the family got the tree home and two days later they found a baby owl in it 🙁

I miss the smell of a real tree but if you have dogs with waggy tails there's nothing that stops the the mulled wine going down the gullet faster than watching their whippy tails sending a shower of pine needles over the floor and into their coats 😆
I bet they sell that in the form of a spray or candle...it might not be real but they are pretty good at faking scents these days.

I miss the smell of a real tree but if you have dogs with waggy tails there's nothing that stops the the mulled wine going down the gullet faster than watching their whippy tails sending a shower of pine needles over the floor and into their coats
what about the thought of your glass baubles hitting the floor?

what about the thought of your glass baubles hitting the floor?
When Kate was around and active, we’d gotten into the habit of leaving the bottom third of the tree bare.

To this day, though, one of our absolute favorite ornaments is a plastic resin one (and that’s saying something, because I don’t care much for plastic) from Hallmark, of the Grinch, and her first Christmas with us, she ate his little legs off, leaving two stumpy-stumps sticking out of his pantless bottom half.

We being us, we immediately got a red sharpie and colored his half-thighs with injury-appropriate bloody bits. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom