The General Chat Thread (2024)

One of my absolute favorite songwriters died yesterday, really as good as anyone, Kris Kristofferson.

A real renaissance man - award-winning musician, respected actor, Rhodes scholar, military pilot, award-winning boxer, and I’m probably forgetting a few things.

His songwriting…I can’t even pick a favorite, but read this opening verse like a poem:

I have seen the morning burning golden on the mountain in the skies
Aching with the feeling of the freedom of an eagle when she flies
Turning on the world the way she smiled upon my soul as I lay dying
Healing as the colors in the sunshine and the shadows of her eyes

Such imagery, and it’s just one example of dozens upon dozens that race around my mind right now - “Casey’s Last Ride” was what made me want to write songs in the first place:

Casey leaves the Underground and stops inside the Golden Crown
For something wet to wipe away the chill that's on his bone
Seeing his reflection in the lives of all the lonely men
Who reach for anything they can to keep from goin' home
Standin' in the corner, Casey drinks his pint of bitter
Never glancing in the mirror at the people passing by
Then he stumbles as he's leaving and he wonders if the reason
Is the beer that's in his belly, or the tear that's in his eye

That did it for me.

If you ever get a chance to see the 1976 film “The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea,” don’t pass it up, both he and Sarah Miles are outstanding in it.

Soz not been about am away from home trying to deal with what we now know is my mums Alzheimer’s and it’s been a lot to handle.
Hopefully will be home tomorrow.
Forgot to take pics of food apart from this last one which is a pickled beetroot, walnuts and goats cheese. It and the scallops I had were simply superb.

IMG_4259.jpeg

and this is my room, it’s one of their cheapest but they don’t mess about on the opulence front!

IMG_4254.jpeg

Crushed blue velvet panelling on all walls doors and ceiling and the floor is leather!
It really has the full on boudoir thing going 😂

Behind the right hand curtain is the loo and behind the left hand curtain the shower which didn’t photograph well but IRL is impressive.

IMG_4256.jpeg

Soz not been about am away from home trying to deal with what we now know is my mums Alzheimer’s and it’s been a lot to handle.
Forgot to take pics of food apart from this last one which is a pickled beetroot, walnuts and goats cheese. It and the scallops I had were simply superb.

View attachment 119195

and this is my room, it’s one of their cheapest but they don’t mess about on the opulence front!

View attachment 119196

Crushed blue velvet panelling on all walls doors and ceiling and the floor is leather!

Behind the right hand curtain is the loo and behind the left hand curtain the shower which didn’t photograph well but IRL is impressive.

View attachment 119197
Really sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis. But happy your food was good and the room was lovely!

House across the road is trimmed up for Halloween...stopped me in my tracks, thought I had lost a couple of weeks :o_o:

When we were decorating the whole yard, including the castle facade, masoleum for the flying crank ghost, and the fenced in grave yard, giant spider on the roof and its victim, it took at least a month.

View attachment 119195

View attachment 119196

View attachment 119197
That looks like a rather 'kinky' room!

Back
Top Bottom