The General Chat Thread (2024)

I am looking for a vegan/dairy/gluten-free choco and fruity cake or even muffins recipe to bring to my co-workers.
Anyone may help, please?

I have one very reliable chocolate cake recipe that even wheat eaters wolf down without question.
Thing is I can’t find it 😢

I’ll have another look for it 🤞

I am looking for a vegan/dairy/gluten-free choco and fruity cake or even muffins recipe to bring to my co-workers.
Anyone may help, please?
I use a polenta cake recipe. It's on here somewhere. It's very good and is all of the above. Let me find it for you.

Recipe - Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Lemon Polenta Cake
We've made this one many times over. It can be any flavour because it's the syrup you put over it that gives it the flavour. Passion fruit or lemon works really well.

I came up with 2.

Recipe - Dairy-free Raspberry and Orange Polenta Cake this was one I spotted years ago, though we've never made it.

Edit, I remembered the chocolate olive oil cake...

Recipe - Chocolate Olive Oil Cake (Wheat free & Dairy free)

It is also gluten free when made with the almonds.

And I've just remembered this excellent cake. It's a traditional Italian one apparently!

Retro Recipe - Chocolate Potato Cake
I know it's sound odd, but it works and is excellent. We've made it several times now.

Last edited:
I have one very reliable chocolate cake recipe that even wheat eaters wolf down without question.
Thing is I can’t find it 😢

I’ll have another look for it 🤞
We have one two as well... one made with almonds and olive oil, the other made with potatoes and chocolate which is excellent.

I use a polenta cake recipe. It's on here somewhere. It's very good and is all of the above. Let me find it for you.

We've made this one many times over. It can be any flavour because it's the syrup you put over it that gives it the flavour. Passion fruit or lemon works really well.

I came up with 2.

Recipe - Dairy-free Raspberry and Orange Polenta Cake this was one I spotted years ago, though we've never made it.

And I've just remembered this excellent cake. It's a traditional Italian one apparently!

I know it's sound odd, but it works and is excellent. We've made it several times now.
MypinchofItaly

If it was me making the decision, my choice would be between the first or the last.

Well after we went for a walk we picked up my car from the mechanic and it cost $1560--2 new tires, new front brakes, a tire rod, calipers, alignment, and a leaky oil pan that had to be replaced. I knew about the oil leak (didn't know why it was leaking though) and the tires, but I had just been in for an oil change about a month ago and they said my front brakes looked good, but apparently the sticking calipers made the brakes wear out faster than normal, and the calipers and tire rod added on a significant $$ that I wasn't prepared for. Then I went to Aldi to pick up some produce and the coolers were broken so they didn't have anything that was kept in the coolers such as lettuces, mushrooms, carrots, etc. So I had to go to another store where they cost more. It was an expensive day, sigh.

JAS_OH1 do have a Dollar Tree store anywhere in your path?
I keep a bunch of these in the back-end of the car at all times.

dollar tree thermal bag.jpg

(photo credit - DollarTree.com)

These are the larger sized bags, bigger than the ones they sell in the grocery stores.

JAS_OH1 do have a Dollar Tree store anywhere in your path?
I keep a bunch of these in the back-end of the car at all times.

View attachment 119223
(photo credit - DollarTree.com)

These are the larger sized bags, bigger than the ones they sell in the grocery stores.
Yes, but I don't need any. I think you misread my post. The store coolers were broken so all of the refrigerated (and frozen) stuff was out of stock at Aldi.

Well after we went for a walk we picked up my car from the mechanic and it cost $1560--2 new tires, new front brakes, a tire rod, calipers, alignment, and a leaky oil pan that had to be replaced. I knew about the oil leak (didn't know why it was leaking though) and the tires, but I had just been in for an oil change about a month ago and they said my front brakes looked good, but apparently the sticking calipers made the brakes wear out faster than normal, and the calipers and tire rod added on a significant $$ that I wasn't prepared for. Then I went to Aldi to pick up some produce and the coolers were broken so they didn't have anything that was kept in the coolers such as lettuces, mushrooms, carrots, etc. So I had to go to another store where they cost more. It was an expensive day, sigh.

Ouch, that was an expensive day. Nice glass of wine might be the ticket.

I came up with 2.

Oh how many amazing recipes! Thank you very much!
Yes I now remember of your chocolate olive oil cake!
I am used to prepare cakes with polenta as well, not sure if they may like it ( but I do a lot).

Back
Top Bottom