The General Chat Thread (2024)

MypinchofItaly

If it was me making the decision, my choice would be between the first or the last.

Agree. Chocolate and Potato cake is such an amazing combo. I think I will go with this one.
I use potato sometime in some savoury recipe such a focaccia pugliese or even biscuits.
Ok, the winner is choco-potato cake! 🎉
Grazie!

Last edited:
I’m sitting here, just minding my own business, still as can be, and out of nowhere, I just felt my lower back seize up.

Not sitting strangely, wasn’t moving, just sitting here, when… 😖 …there goes my back.

Gotta love getting older…
LOL - I know that feeling! Lower back pain suddenly started for me a few months back - I'm fine for weeks and then randomly I'll wake up and can barely put my socks on without the pain! Fortunately it doesn't last for long and disappears by the time I drive to work and then doesn't reoccur for a while!

Happened to me too, a month or so ago.
Went to the pharmacy and they sold me something called thiolcolchicoside, a muscle relaxant. Worked a treat.
Sadly I can't have muscle relaxents. Having hpyermobility syndrome, anything that relaxes muscles is a bad thing for me. Last time round I dislocated both my hip and my jaw at the same time.

Fingers crossed...

20241006_205915.jpg

Hopefully we'll get up to the first chick in the morning!

Timenspace is being a bit quiet.

Where be you TIMENSPACE :watching:
Hey hoy, here am I.
I have to apologize for not being on the forum, and likely won't be on very often.
I lack time and energy dramatically, I cope but it feels like an uphill struggle.
Some days I am out of home for work from 9 am to 9 pm, and caring and struggling with junior and senior issues, plus home chores, grocery shopping and all the things all of you also do...makes me feel utterly exhausted. So I will for some time pause all extra activities, regardless how lovely they may be.
Every day is a morning blood pressure and nausea and anxiety struggle, 4 out of 5 days on, sometimes it is ok, I do manage but it strains me. Sometimes I feel I will resign next week, then itgets bearable and I go on. It's possibly perimenopausal and all together, just a difficult phase.
I am optimistic and hopeful, but I really need more rest, in order to tackle the next day or next week...

Love you all💜💜💜💜💜

Hey hoy, here am I.
I have to apologize for not being on the forum, and likely won't be on very often.
I lack time and energy dramatically, I cope but it feels like an uphill struggle.
Some days I am out of home for work from 9 am to 9 pm, and caring and struggling with junior and senior issues, plus home chores, grocery shopping and all the things all of you also do...makes me feel utterly exhausted. So I will for some time pause all extra activities, regardless how lovely they may be.
Every day is a morning blood pressure and nausea and anxiety struggle, 4 out of 5 days on, sometimes it is ok, I do manage but it strains me. Sometimes I feel I will resign next week, then itgets bearable and I go on. It's possibly perimenopausal and all together, just a difficult phase.
I am optimistic and hopeful, but I really need more rest, in order to tackle the next day or next week...

Love you all💜💜💜💜💜
Understandable. I have to disappear from here when things get busy too.
But coming back and chatting about the lighter things in life like good food can make you feel happier in general.

Hope things calm down soon.
No need to apologise for not being here.
Hopefully we'll see you soon 😊

I was talking to the gardener just outside the kitchen yesterday. It was bit grey and cloudy; nothing serious, when suddenly CRASH!BANG!CRACK! A huge bolt of lightning hit very, very close by, followed by a clap of thunder which made the house shake.
Then this happened:
Weather today.jpg

It rained cats,dogs, lions, tigers, wolves, capybaras, hippopotami and tiger sharks. Good job we'd just cut the grass.
However, this is the tropics. Today:
Weather today 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom