What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the final result of today's project to make Swedish mushroom and cheese spelt tart (Svamptarte). I hope this is the correct Swedish name. Are there any Swedish speakers here?

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with it and the taste of the Swedish Vasterbottensost cheese is fantastic; strong and tangy. One motive to make this was to enter a challenge for Swedish food on another forum. :whistling:

IMGP1861.jpg

Two things: that looks delicious, and you have time for another forum?

Last edited:
I guess the theme of the day is two timers, so I will have to post 2 things that I eat tonight.

I'm thinking chicken parm and perciatelli.

I ate 2 things also (slightly ashamed to admit them)....

Left over fish and chips! Went to a chippy at lunch time and took my tupperware to decant half of it. I actually LIKE cold fish and chips!
558648.gif
I had it with tartare sauce, ketchup and a freshly made side salad of al dente broccoli in dressing from nocellara olives.

Then I tried to redeem some abysmal cherry and almond hot cross buns I bought by placing a slice of marzipan in the centre...almost passable!

I ate 2 things also (slightly ashamed to admit them)....

Left over fish and chips! Went to a chippy at lunch time and took my tupperware to decant half of it. I actually LIKE cold fish and chips!
558648.gif
I had it with tartare sauce, ketchup and a freshly made side salad of al dente broccoli in dressing from nocellara olives.

Then I tried to redeem some abysmal cherry and almond hot cross buns I bought by placing a slice of marzipan in the centre...almost passable!

Cold fish in batter I understand. But cold chips? I've never heard of nocellara olives...

Cold fish in batter I understand. But cold chips? I've never heard of nocellara olives...
It was haddock in a very light batter - very tasty (at that particular place).

Yeah cold chips are an acquired taste I guess but go well with tartare sauce. I have been known to warm them up occasionally (in the oven).

Oh nocellara olives are fantastic! Waitrose and Tesco do them....very green, nutty and crunchy. If you like olives try them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom