What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I cook my leg o' lamb, creative. I also add a tiny sprig of rosemary into each slot with the garlic so it's sticking out a little bit.
That's what I do. But I have a further trick which is magical. Stuff tiny bits of tinned anchovies into the slits too. No-one will notice an anchovy taste - but it will taste amazing.

That's how I cook my leg o' lamb, creative. I also add a tiny sprig of rosemary into each slot with the garlic so it's sticking out a little bit.

I made breakfast from my family this morning. Eggs over easy atop sliced london broil for my boy and I, and a tomato, onion and eggwhite omelette for the Mrs..

Happy Easter, everyone!
I'm curious to know what you did with the egg yolk (saved from the omelette)? Do you store them for something else? I must confess I love the taste of raw egg yolk! I might add them to scrambled egg the next day or to make a cheese sauce richer.

That's what I do. But I have a further trick which is magical. Stuff tiny bits of tinned anchovies into the slits too. No-one will notice an anchovy taste - but it will taste amazing.
Oh yes I have heard of that! However, I don't have a tin of these. I am not that keen on rosemary/mint with food.

The recipe did also call for bits of bayleaf in with the garlic but, whilst I am sure it would add to the flavour, I dislike the idea of getting out all the bits at the end! I might add a bayleaf to the boulangere potatoes underneath instead. (I have a VERY tall bay tree growing in my garden - also a 'tamed'/pruned one in a large terracotta pot).

I love raw egg yolk whipped into chocolate milk. It's what my mother called a Norwegian eggnog when I was a kid. Good for you on cold mornings. And for a shiny coat.

I kept these yolks in their shells and microwaved them for a few seconds to set, then gave them to my birds.

vegetables and fish.:)

W)VS9]E]SCCP4JPK3TGL42A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunch today will be chicken salad and dinner will be roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. Just need to put the chicken salad together. I grilled the chicken last night. Cooked the roast and vegetables too.

Lunch today was 'bought from a shop' pizza and salad, no point posting a picture because we all know what it looks like :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom