What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Chinese, we call it 鳜鱼 in Chinese, I have just checked in dictionary,and the dictionary told me it is mandarin fish.
I think it is the name of the recipe: 'Mandarin Fish'? There is no mandarin fish on sale in the UK. Its a way of cooking fish not a type of fish.

OK - the mandarin fish mystery! :D

I found this:

U9055P1032DT20121228144910_laq9e1.jpg

With the attached info:

The main ingredient of this dish is the mandarin fish from the Li River, mother river of Guilin city; therefore, the fish tastes fresh, tender and smooth. There are many ways to make a dish with mandarin fish, and the best way is steam. Steaming the mandarin fish and shredded meat, adding some shredded ginger, green onions, sesame oil and other ingredients, and you will have a refreshing dish just before your eyes!

So the mandarin fish is a river fish from China. If you ate it in a restaurant here @fanlovescooking, then I guess it must have been imported from China. :)

Looking at your photo @fanlovescooking , it does look very like other images ogf the Chinese mandarin fish which has a distinctive shaped and coloured tail.

A google search for Mandarin Fish yielded sea perch or barramundi/Asian sea bass

OK - the mandarin fish mystery! :D

I found this:

U9055P1032DT20121228144910_laq9e1.jpg

With the attached info:

So the mandarin fish is a river fish from China. If you ate it in a restaurant here @fanlovescooking, then I guess it must have been imported from China. :)

Looking at your photo @fanlovescooking , it does look very like other images ogf the Chinese mandarin fish which has a distinctive shaped and coloured tail.

It is nice that you found it , this is fish is very tender and juicy.

I haven't seen it in UK yet, the photo i posted was not from today , it was an old photo e,because I haven't taken any photo of food since i come here.
but I will post photos of my food tomorrow.

OK! That is fine.. at least we got to the bottom of the fish mystery. :happy: I think that you could cook another type of fish in this way. So if you would like to post a Recipe that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom