What did you cook/eat today (April 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easter lunch at my parent's house... I've helped my mum to cook and when we have finished I asked her "mum, have we also invited the whole neighborhood?"
Starter: stuffed boiled eggs, salame, San Daniele ham, fiore sardo cheese (directly from Sardegna), mini-sandwiches. Main course: lasagne with ragù. Second course: roast veal flavored with myrtle leaves, side: butter carrots and mushrooms. Desserts: a giant chocolate egg, easter cake, pastries...obviously red wine Primitivo di Manduria, a wine from Puglia, practically you can chewing it on how full-bodied wine it is; sparkling wine and myrtle (liquor from Sardegna). And I'm still alive!!!! :laugh:

Last edited:
So where do I buy the fish...? I'd love to try to cook this. Please post a recipe!
I cooked a fish from Sain'sbury the same way ,it was also tasty .
here are the photos of how to cook.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easter lunch at my parent's house... I've helped my mum to cook and when we have finished I asked her "mum, have we also invited the whole neighborhood?"
Starter: stuffed boiled eggs, salame, San Daniele ham, fiore sardo cheese (directly from Sardegna), mini-sandwiches. Main course: lasagne with ragù. Second course: roast veal flavored with myrtle leaves, side: butter carrots and mushrooms. Desserts: a giant chocolate egg, easter cake, pastries...obviously red wine Primitivo di Manduria, a wine from Puglia, practically you can chewing it on how full-bodied wine it is; sparkling wine and myrtle (liquor from Sardegna). And I'm still alive!!!! :laugh:

I'm in awe and have too many questions about aspects of this feast to post them all in one go!

In awe? Oh no why? Post after post I will answer you with pleasure
My list of questions:
  • What is San Daniele ham? Ok, I could look it up.
  • Stuffed boiled eggs. What is the stuffing?
  • Fiore sardo cheese (directly from Sardegna)? What kind of cheese is that? OK I could google it.
  • Roast veal flavoured with myrtle leaves? Myrtle leaves - we don't get them here. What do they taste like?
  • Sparkling wine and myrtle (liquor from Sardegna)? Is this a liqueur made from myrtle? I want some...

We went to a Chinese restaurant.
@fanlovescooking do you have a coconut shrimp recipe? The one I am looking for is in a coconut sauce, not dipped in shredded coconut and fried.

We went to a Chinese restaurant.
@fanlovescooking do you have a coconut shrimp recipe? The one I am looking for is in a coconut sauce, not dipped in shredded coconut and fried.

I doubt she will - but I could be proved wrong! I believe that authentic Chinese dishes don't usually contain coconut because coconuts don't grow well in China although they do grow in one particular area of China - Hainan Island.

I think (prove me wrong someone!) that the addition of coconut is an American/Singapore restaurant dish development. In the UK you won't find coconut in Chinese restaurant dishes but you will find it in Thai restaurants. I'm not saying it isn't good! Personally I don't like coconut milk - but then I don't like creamy things in general.

Last edited:
The reason that I avoid Thai green curry is that in my experience it always includes coconut milk. Now Thai red curry is a different kettle of chicken!

I can't recall ever seeing coconut or coconut milk in any Chinese dishes. I have inThai food, especially Penang, and Malaysian food, but not strictly Chinese.

I can't recall ever seeing coconut or coconut milk in any Chinese dishes. I have inThai food, especially Penang, and Malaysian food, but not strictly Chinese.
Well this is one of those Grand Buffet type places. Just don't try to hold a conversation with the waitstaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom