What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had dinner salads with fresh lettuce and tomatoes from the garden, along with store bought cucumber, radish, avocado, chicken, and bacon. Hubby also had mushrooms, I had dried cranberries and cashews on mine. Very good.

No photos from last nights birthday meal. The food was very good, but quite safe, if you know what I mean. Tasting menus are supposed to express a chefs personality and ambitions, this was a collection of very well executed classics. Thoroughly enjoyed it though.
Screenshot_20230811_085212_OneDrive.jpg

Pan-fried burger topped with fried onions, waffle fries, and hot banana pepper rings for dinner last night.

burger_081023_img_1383-jpg.jpg

Sautéed onion scrambled egg, and hot banana pepper rings. Cup of rosehip, and hibiscus tea (loose tea leaves) with honey for breakfast.

egg_onion_081123_img_1384-jpg.jpg

rose_hip_hibiscus_-tea_081123_1_img_1387-jpg.jpg

rose_hip_hibiscus_-tea_081123_2_img_1393-jpg.jpg

mesquite_honey_081123_img_1395-jpg.jpg

So far, I had some nachos. Individually dressed, not a pile of chips. Colby Jack cheese, and my homemade pickled jalapeños. I use a sweet brine for my pickled jalapeños, for a sweet/hot flavor.

Sorry, no photo.

I have a big slice of prime rib from the freezer that I am going to heat up later sous vide, so it doesn't cook any further -- just gets hot enough to enjoy eating.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom