What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hawaiian" pizza. Instead of pineapple, I marinaded smoked ham in pineapple juice. Topped with rendered bacon, and red onion. Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza (I have my reasons).
1000002247.jpg

I made my "comfort zone" seafood and vegetable/herb pasta. I don't have to even think when I make this dish. I never measure anything and the ingredients vary slightly each time, but it always turns out from really good to great. Tonight it was seared sea scallops and large shrimp with sautéed red and yellow bell peppers, jalapeño, shallot, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, spinach, and fresh basil over penne with a creamy cajun-seasoned white wine and lemon sauce, topped with parmesan cheese. No pics but so good!

What kind of breading is that? It looks kind of like Italian bread crumbs then pan-fried? That looks really great.
Thank you. The chicken was dredged in heavily seasoned (my own house blend seasoning) all-purpose flour, that's all. Then shallow fried in peanut oil.

Interstate rest stops almost always have an array of barbecue grills:
View attachment 103431View attachment 103430

Have I ever, in 57 years, seen anyone ever use one? Nope.
That makes me want to do it. I think next time I take a road trip I will make sure to have some charcoal and a couple hamburgers, buns, and condiments (probably some packets) in the car!

I wonder if in the winter homeless or hitchhikers use them to stay warm? I imagine they can find some trash to burn in them :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom