What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For lunch we tried a local independant burger place. Meh, I'd say burger king was better. We will not be returning.

Tea was much more successful; the very best seafood in the World. A whole dressed Cromer Crab. I am now a very happy bunny.

20230812_181258.jpg

Proper lunch stop, another rest stop, this time on the Ohio-West Virginia border, about three hours from the house:

View attachment 103446View attachment 103447
Hard to believe we’re under a tornado watch! :eek:

View attachment 103448

MrsT’s preferred way to eat a bologna sandwich.
View attachment 103449
My oldest daughter lives up on the lake (Erie) about 1.25 hours from here and they just had a hailstorm move in. Sky is getting dark here now.

West Virginia is beautiful but the people there are...different.

Proper lunch stop, another rest stop, this time on the Ohio-West Virginia border, about three hours from the house:

View attachment 103446View attachment 103447
Hard to believe we’re under a tornado watch! :eek:

View attachment 103448

MrsT’s preferred way to eat a bologna sandwich.
View attachment 103449

I like crisps (chips in US) in sandwiches too! :okay: She looks rather tanned. I'm significantly pale due to being housebound so long plus rain and grey skies latterly.

I like crisps (chips in US) in sandwiches too! :okay: She looks rather tanned. I'm significantly pale due to being housebound so long plus rain and grey skies latterly.
When I was a child I used to put French fries (chips in the UK LOL) in my hamburgers. I may or may not have put potato chips/crisps in my sandwiches, I don't really remember. Sandwiches were a sad affair growing up, usually a thin slice of bologna (which I now will not eat and haven't had in over 45 years) with a slice of American cheese (the kind in the plastic wrapper that isn't really cheese) on sliced white bread with a thin spread of mustard and mayonnaise. I think I just blocked out horrible memories.

I just got out in the sun yesterday to go swimming at a friend's house, my first real sun outing this year...when I was in Texas it was too hot to be outside for more than 5 minutes. I wish my brother had a pool at his house, that would have made it bearable.

Pools are bathwater temperature in Texas with these heat waves. It probably wouldn't have helped you.

CD
I was at one of my cousins' house in Port Arthur at the end of my trip. They just got a pool. I didn't have my suit because we went over for only a few hours, but I stuck my feet in for a bit. It was quite nice and refreshing!

Ugly diner, but we liked the food:

IMG_5330.jpeg

IMG_5327.jpeg

MrsT has chicken cordon-bleu croissant (wich?), with macaroni-and-cheese:
IMG_5328.jpeg

I had chili and vinegar slaw (no slaw pic):
IMG_5329.jpeg

I think they dipped that bowl in like dipping a cup in a punch bowl! Reminded me of Wendy’s chili.

Waitress got a big ol’ tip because she brought MrsT out a sampling of sides to try, because couldn’t make up her mind…and when MrsT said, “I’m 60 next week, can I get the senior discount?” she said, “Oh, hon, there’s no way you’re 60!” and walked away.

I think that was the nicest “no” ever. :laugh:

Ugly diner, but we liked the food:

View attachment 103455

View attachment 103456

MrsT has chicken cordon-bleu croissant (wich?), with macaroni-and-cheese:
View attachment 103457

I had chili and vinegar slaw (no slaw pic):
View attachment 103458

I think they dipped that bowl in like dipping a cup in a punch bowl! Reminded me of Wendy’s chili.

Waitress got a big ol’ tip because she brought MrsT out a sampling of sides to try, because couldn’t make up her mind…and when MrsT said, “I’m 60 next week, can I get the senior discount?” she said, “Oh, hon, there’s no way you’re 60!” and walked away.

I think that was the nicest “no” ever. :laugh:

I like how they list Mac and Cheese as a Veggie. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom