What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made evening meal...
Yep, it's a bowl of soup! Lol
20230815_182520.jpg

Recipe - Burnt Aubergine Soup with Rice and Herbs

I'll add chickpeas to it for tomorrow night and serve it in one of the camping stove bowls. We're away for 2 nights from the morning, so both nights will be soup. It's actually really tasty and tastes of 🍆...

Out for an early birthday supper for MrsT (60th in…nine days), here’s where we ate, in Gettysburg:

IMG_5483.jpeg
IMG_6820.jpeg

It’s set up to somewhat recreate a provincial colonial dining experience (sort of like the City Tavern in Philly used to do), so no overhead lightening, no obnoxious piped-in music, nothing like that.

The food:

IMG_5474.jpeg

That’s a French onion soup, with the addition of small cubes of beef, quite good.

IMG_5475.jpeg

MrsT’s deconstructed shrimp cocktail, which she was very pleased with.

I didn’t bother with the salads, just mixed greens, dressings (blue cheese for her, fresh herb vinaigrette for me) were house-made and tasty.

IMG_6822.jpeg

MrsT’s Flesh & Fowl, and a baked sweet potato out of the picture.

IMG_5477.jpeg
IMG_5479.jpeg

Two pics of my filet, unusual for me to order that, but it was delicious.

They also served a basket of house-baked breads - white rolls, a chocolate bread, and their specialty, a cinnamon-clove nut bread.

We were so full, we opted out of dessert and are going back for that and boozy coffees tomorrow night.

The food:

View attachment 103692
That’s a French onion soup, with the addition of small cubes of beef, quite good.

View attachment 103696

I didn’t bother with the salads, just mixed greens, dressings (blue cheese for her, fresh herb vinaigrette for me) were house-made and tasty.

View attachment 103695

View attachment 103693View attachment 103694

They also served a basket of house-baked breads - white rolls, a chocolate bread, and their specialty, a cinnamon-clove nut bread.

We were so full, we opted out of dessert and are going back for that and boozy coffees tomorrow night.
Her flesh and fowl looks like surf and turf?

The food:

View attachment 103692

View attachment 103696

View attachment 103695

View attachment 103693View attachment 103694

Looks amazing. But, the fowl looks just like lobster tail. :scratchhead:

CD

Her flesh and fowl looks like surf and turf?

Looks amazing. But, the fowl looks just like lobster tail. :scratchhead:

CD

Sorry, that was me. It was “Of Flesh and Fish.” :laugh:

Yeah, I know…not a fish, but that’s what it said. Maybe they didn’t know better back in 1776. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom