What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you wrote you loved Vigo rice so I thought you'd made it. It's odd your grocery would carry the Vigo brand, but not valencia rice, AKA California Pearled rice, brands Iberia, Goya, Diana.

Since we'd been discussing paella rice, I noticed the grocery is now carrying calasparra rice when I was looking for couscous.
Here in the Midwest people aren't very adventurous and selection is limited lol. We do have Vigo but it's all flavored rice. I want plain.

Lasagne.
IMG_4866.jpeg

I made stuffed peppers tonight and they turned out really great! I used medium hot peppers from our garden stuffed with the Italian sausage that my DH makes with his cousins, along with roasted garlic, goat cheese, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and fresh basil and oregano from our garden. I cooked them in a tomato sauce and topped them with mozzarella. Yum.
Oh for summer food again lol

Russ

Yesterday evening we were too tired and too hot to go outside again ( Germany is in a heatwave currently) so we had dinner in the hotel. Not an experience worth repeating, it was mediocre at best.
Because the menu was very limited and expensive, I had what must pass for a Japanese dish made by someone who never had Japanese food in their life.
20240810_172326.jpg

Grilled tuna with tomato confit ( ??) , mango slices, fried sushi (?) and cabbage 🤣

Today we're not eating in the hotel.

Yesterday evening we were too tired and too hot to go outside again ( Germany is in a heatwave currently) so we had dinner in the hotel. Not an experience worth repeating, it was mediocre at best.
Because the menu was very limited and expensive, I had what must pass for a Japanese dish made by someone who never had Japanese food in their life.
View attachment 117263
Grilled tuna with tomato confit ( ??) , mango slices, fried sushi (?) and cabbage 🤣

Today we're not eating in the hotel.
Some people need to be encouraged to let their creative juices flow and some need to be stopped before they serve you strawberry jam with your Coq au Vin 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom