What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For lunch, pasta inspired by Alfredo.

Utterly delicious.

20240811_124329.jpg
20240811_122737.jpg

Not sure what’s going on here, but we’re trying something new. These are called Chaffles. No flour. Basically eggs and cheese with a bit of Almond flour. I discovered them while searching for low carb recipes. They turned out pretty good. Surprisingly lighter than what I anticipated. I was sceptical after investing 20 bucks in a mini waffle maker. We had these ones with poached eggs on top. So far so good. See how they sit.

IMG_4867.jpeg

I put some chicken thighs in the slow cooker and will debone them later and season them with Chipotle peppers and adobe, garlic, etc. I have a small slow cooker I am getting ready to put some pinto beans in with bay leaf and spices, and I will make lime cilantro rice later...already got sour cream and Monterey jack cheese on hand. Chipotle copycat bowls tonight!

I have some chicken skins toasting in the toaster oven right now for chicken chicharrones.

For tea 2 slices of today's baked banana carob bread. Very nice. Bouncy, flex8ble build, slightly sweet.

Banana is not as prominent as it is usually, which I like better. Carob , vanilla and cinnamon did their aromatizing job very well.

Would have combined it with fresh raspberries and vegan cream, or ice cream, but had none of these. Powder sugar and a peach, not in the pic.

20240811_144158.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom