What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't last any longer, I had to give in and make more Sourdough
pizza dough. This one has a mozzarella and fontina blend with pepperoni and banana peppers microplaned with parmigiano reggiano.
20240812_185526.jpg
20240812_185623.jpg

View attachment 117346
Pulled some of the pork off the ribs we had last night and made that into a pork dog, I guess, and some green beans and potatoes, which take me right back to 1975, eating at my grandmom’s.

That bun with a hot dog was what eli had for Tea sunday night. Except he had 4 and hes 11

Russ

We had copycat Chipotle chicken bowls again. I love that food. Brown basmati cilantro lime rice, pinto beans, Chipotle pepper marinated chicken, fresh tomato salsa, sour cream, and shredded Monterey jack cheese. We use cilantro lime tortilla chips to dip. I'll probably have a bowl for lunch tomorrow. So good!

I made a safron dish, but I couldn't taste safron.
There could be a couple of reasons
1- I don't know what it should taste like
2- My tastebuds only work at intense spice levels
3- The safron was too old
4- All of the above

Just wondering if I should post it?
IMG_20240812_184926_077.jpg

Here in the Midwest people aren't very adventurous and selection is limited lol. We do have Vigo but it's all flavored rice. I want plain.
Grew up in the Midwest. Meat and potatoes is the main course. Once I left and moved to the Deep South my food choices exploded.

Yesterday's dinner was Japanese, sushi made by actual Japanese people in little Tokyo.
It was good but suprisingly not better than the sushi place we go to at home.
20240812_112003.jpg

It was a mix of Tuna Toro ( belly) , salmon Toro , prawns, pickled veg and some okonomiyaki.
20240812_122914.jpg

We also had these Taiyaki, very popular in Japan and very cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom