What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me preface by seeing 37c/98,6 F at the outside roof thermometer on a pharmacy at 10 am.
As it is Blessed Mary's Assumption day, public holiday, most of the shops are closed. Although some coffee shops were open.

Lunch was a simple boiled kale with onion, garlic and polenta. Really good.

But cooking this raised the inside temp so much that I felt dizzy. Not a good idea.

Hydrating a lot non stop.

I took a nap, wettened my face and hands and let them cool me off by air drying, lying and listening to a podcast is ok.

Anything else is hightened effort and exhaustion.

Am grateful that I can relax.

20240815_130351.jpg

Let me preface by seeing 37c/98,6 F at the outside roof thermometer on a pharmacy at 10 am.
As it is Blessed Mary's Assumption day, public holiday, most of the shops are closed. Although some coffee shops were open.

But cooking this raised the inside temp so much that I felt dizzy. Not a good idea.

I took a nap, wettened my face and hands and let them cool me off by air drying, lying and listening to a podcast is ok.

View attachment 117408
🥵 🥵 🥵

View attachment 117408

We are still in our winter months...
With October generally being our hottest month
Screenshot_20240815-181648.jpg

Getting cool. Last week was 37 oC :wink:

Oh Gosh. So you are yet to get terribly hot?
Do you have survival tips?
I find it exhausting. My focus has dropped, motivation...
We had a hot July, but for some reason, we are having a moderate August, which is usually our hottest month. Weird and wacky weather. Here's to hoping it cools down for you soon.

cools down for you soon.
Thanks! It is weird and heavy weather.
Texted a friend who is at the seaside,with her partner.

Her Mom.lives there, and they are trying to aim their comeback trip for this weekend, as they spotted a prognosis saying weekend is cooling off time.

Hopefully...

So yesterday we had a mystery shop at IHOP (International House of Pancakes--it's not very worldly so I have no idea why they call it that). Anyway, I usually get a good bit of leeway with these shops concerning the ordering requirements, but not this time. This time, one person had to order a full stack of Lemon Oreo pancakes and the other person had to order a breakfast combo (my husband got one of those, which was ham, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and eggs with a side stack of all you can eat pancakes). And it was suggested but not required that one person get a Lemon Oreo milkshake.

Usually I read over the guidelines several days in advance and am prepared, but yesterday I didn't read over the ordering requirements until a few hours before we went--too late to cancel the shop, because if I had realized I had to order some pancakes topped with some sickeningly sweet whipped topping (I don't think it was real whipped cream) and dry, crumbly, overly sweet lemon flavored cookies, I would have backed out. I definitely didn't order the stupid milkshake. So my DH was pretty happy with his food overall but I couldn't even eat half of that stupid stack of horrible pancakes. Thankfully it paid a hefty bonus in addition to food cost reimbursement, but still. I like it better when I enjoy eating my food.

I looked at the guidelines and I see that they will be the same guidelines for next month, and it's pumpkin maple pancakes. I strongly dislike pumpkin and I am not a huge fan of maple, either...not happening.

With this week having been a break week (apparently) I took an hour out on Wednesday to make our evening meal. It's the second dal like meal I've made containing saffron but you couldn't tell, so I'm not writing it up as a saffron recipe :(

But it does taste great. It's basically onion, brown rice, split yellow peas and a potato with various spices added. So lacking veg of any kind, I served it with mixed veg and greens from the freezer.

It's one of those brown dishes that look brown and uninteresting but taste great.

20240815_180945.jpg
20240814_183930.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom