What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spaghetti all’Amatriciana; best pasta I’ve ever managed.

IMG_8075.jpeg

Trying to pass time with iced coffee after church to avoid excess walking to the fast food spot I've picked up for my lunch.

Will post later what the lunch was, depending what they actually have.

I always find it a bit odd when I see soup with crackers. Its not something we really have in the UK. Soup goes with bread here.
We always used to eat soup with crackers Matzo Crackers – Rakusen's were our favourite, though I'm sure they were much bigger back then!

That's even before i ended up with an extended family involving both Jewish and Muslim members.

I always find it a bit odd when I see soup with crackers. Its not something we really have in the UK. Soup goes with bread here.
Depending on the soup, I prefer crackers to bread, and it’s shameful how many crackers I’ll put in my soup - what you saw above was just the beginning.

I like the crackers to just begin to go soggy, then I’ll eat all the crackers, with a little of the soup, then in with more crackers, and so on, and so on.

When we order soup in a diner, it’s standard to get two or three packets of two crackers each for your soup - I always ask for extras, and after she brings two more packets, I ask her to just leave the box! :laugh:

Depending on the soup, I prefer crackers to bread, and it’s shameful how many crackers I’ll put in my soup - what you saw above was just the beginning.

I like the crackers to just begin to go soggy, then I’ll eat all the crackers, with a little of the soup, then in with more crackers, and so on, and so on.

When we order soup in a diner, it’s standard to get two or three packets of two crackers each for your soup - I always ask for extras, and after she brings two more packets, I ask her to just leave the box! :laugh:
I like oyster crackers, saltines, or cheddar Goldfish in my soup. Not all the time, though.

Last edited:
I never much cared for crackers in my soup, although when I was a kid we usually had some crackers around, but I would usually eat it plain. As a young adult I always preferred crusty bread because that was usually served with soup in restaurants (with crackers too, of course, which I didn't eat). But my DH always liked crackers in his soup and I bought them for him for probably the first 5 years we were together, and then he started using crusty bread like I do. Crackers with soup and chili are quite common in the US, though.

That's how I used to eat cereal back when I ate cold cereal (something I don't do often anymore). I would pour about 1/3 bowl of cereal and barely cover with milk/almond milk, eat the cereal, and pour enough cereal into my bowl to use up the rest of the milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom