What did you cook or eat today (August 2024)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A challenge entry.

Recipe - Mexican shrimp cocktail/gazpacho (sort of) with saffron

20240818_182907.jpg

Last edited:
Eating today was all over the place.

The city is utterly adorable. Lectures were good.

Lecturer skipped coffee break, so I had eaten my French gf toast, brought from home around 12, instead of 10,30 am.

Meanwhile, no coffee was easily within reach, so I discreetly drank fruit juice, brought from home.

By 2 pm I was so hungry I went and bought a Kipferl and a tuna sandwich ( not gf), and a coffee, my head was spinning from sounds, words, impressions, from 9 to 2, I had 2 x 2 min breaks and 1x 10 min break.

Well,that will be different tmorrow.

Ride back was bumpy, hate bumpy bus rides, it took me 2 h instead of 1 to get home.
Meanwhile got hungry, ate potato croquettes on the go, and chicken wings at home around 5 pm.

And broke a part of my tooth.

To be continued...

20240819_165854.jpg

20240819_143807.jpg

Between late lunch and wonky supper of 2 chicken wings,chewed on the other side, tomato, 2 vegan yoghurts...

My Dad got unwell, so not half an hour into my rest, Mom called me to come.

Managed to stabilize both of them, but tomorrow no masterclass, as I need to help them and go get my tooth fixed.

What a day.

Bowl of chili:
IMG_9066.jpeg

Beef Manhattan:
IMG_9067.jpeg

Peaches-and-cream pie:
IMG_9068.jpeg

The mashed potatoes were homemade (so many places use instant these days), and the pot roast under all that was fantastic.

Peaches were fresh, not canned, and the whipped cream was fresh, and there was loads of it - MrsT had already eaten three big spoonfuls of that.

I also had cheese sticks.

Bowl of chili:
View attachment 117558

Beef Manhattan:
View attachment 117559

Peaches-and-cream pie:
View attachment 117560

The mashed potatoes were homemade (so many places use instant these days), and the pot roast under all that was fantastic.

Peaches were fresh, not canned, and the whipped cream was fresh, and there was loads of it - MrsT had already eaten three big spoonfuls of that.

I also had cheese sticks.
Did you ask for extra crackers? That didn't look like enough for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom